Lots/Sims won't load

by gemjasmine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lots/Sims won't load

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello, today when I went to play my game, the lot and sims failed to load. I also couldn't command my sim to do anything. Here's an image of what happened:

Screenshot.jpg

This house is fully furnished. The inside just wouldn't load. You can even see the little green thing where my sim should be, but isn't showing up. This happened for every single lot.

Here's another screenshot of when I went to edit mode.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 18.53.29.png

Edit: Also want to clarify that this didn't happen on start-up. The problem appeared roughly 30mins into playing the game. Restarting it does the same thing. It's fine for half an hour and then this happens.

Message 1 of 19 (2,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lots/Sims won't load

@gemjasmine  Please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder, unless your existing save takes place in a store or custom world; in that case, install only that world, nothing more.  Go into Saves inside the Sims 3 folder you moved, copy your save, and paste it into Saves in the new folder.  Load your game and test.

If this doesn't help, let me know whether you use mods, and whether you'd be willing to try a few.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 19 (2,073 Views)

All Replies

@gemjasmine  This happens occasionally and is a sign of save corruption, although it can sometimes be fixed.  Please start by deleting the five cache files in your Sims 3 user data folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts).  These files should be deleted regularly anyway; while troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Try to play again, and see whether the problem recurs.  If you want to save, use "save as" to rename the save, so you'll still have the original as backup.  If the lot fails to load again, quit without saving, delete the cache files again, reload, then go to Edit Town, evict your sims, and place them back in their house.  They'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.  Afterwards, let the game clock run for a couple in-game minutes, "save as," quit, reload, and see if you can play forward without any issues.  Let me know either way.

Message 2 of 19 (2,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I always clear my cache after every game. The problem's always still there. And when the game starts to fail to load, I can't save it. It just says "saving" for hours until I force quit the game. 

I tried the evict method and that didn't work either. It's always the same thing. The game loads up fine and I can play for a few minutes, and then all of a sudden my sims would freeze (time would go on as this happens). If I move my camera away from my sims/lot to check out another lot, the other lot won't load and, when I come back to my home lot, that one won't load either and my sims are now invisible. 

Message 3 of 19 (2,100 Views)

@gemjasmine  Please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder, unless your existing save takes place in a store or custom world; in that case, install only that world, nothing more.  Go into Saves inside the Sims 3 folder you moved, copy your save, and paste it into Saves in the new folder.  Load your game and test.

If this doesn't help, let me know whether you use mods, and whether you'd be willing to try a few.

Message 4 of 19 (2,074 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I did what you suggested and ran a clean save and the problem didn't show up! So, I guessed that it was a mod causing the problem. I took out the game-changing mods, except for Nraas mods since I know those are pretty much harmless, and the issue hasn't shown up. I'm too lazy to figure out which mod it was, so for anyone having the same problem, it was either Buzz's Moar Interactions, Consort's Age mod, or SClub's EA Eyelash Removal mods.

Message 5 of 19 (2,037 Views)

@gemjasmine  For what it's worth, Buzzler's Moar Interactions and Consort's Age mod are widely used by people (including some NRaas people) who know what they're doing and would notice if either one corrupted their games.  So it's probably fine to put them both back in.  The age mod does take extra resources to run though, at least while it's updating the looks of the affected sims.

Message 6 of 19 (2,031 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the legit same problem for the past 7 months now, I dont think its the blue lot issue because Ive already tested all my cc multiple times. I can load in a game and be fine for either 3 mins or 30ish until the blue lot starts/sims interactions stop everything stops but time keeps moving basically forcing me to shut the game down. Its annoying and ruining the game for me because I obviously not gonna save the game when its broken.. Its hard to test the game because ive had days where it doesnt show up all day and I think I fixed it but then lol just kidding it shows up again... like seriously I just wanna play my game. 

Message 7 of 19 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also I dont have any of the mods you said was corrupting it so idk all the mods I have are from big creators so I am confused

Message 8 of 19 (913 Views)

@brookangel  Please test a new save and let me know whether this still happens.  If you don't want to play a new save forward, you can let it run in the background while you do something else; just make sure to click through any pop-ups that would otherwise pause the game.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 19 (902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure thing Ill do that and let you know, I do have a question. I did test my cc a long time ago and I did have stuff that was corrupted Txtcs and removed then. But I still get the glitch. I never save when this bug appears because why would I. I just reload game and go back into the save until it happens again. The reason im unsure if its blue lotting or not is because it happens randomly throughout gameplay. And its not just the lots but sims will semi disappear, cant command them to do anything everything kinda stops and sits there as the time keeps going. People are very vague when they say blue lot save files cant be saved. Do they mean cant be saved once you actually save it while its in the blue lot state? Or just the save file in general even if you remove it theyll keep reappearing at random. Cause its not like I get them as soon as I open the game. It varies and is random. I have moved out my mods folder and played for 30 minutes and it didnt show. I have turned my launcher cc off for 30 minutes and it didnt show. The only lots I have downloaded with CC are from PralineSims on TSR. Like is it even a CC thing at this point? I wouldnt really know because it happens at complete random testing it is very hard to do. Ill link some photos of the glitch if I can get it to appear

Message 10 of 19 (891 Views)