Re: Lot loads without furniture

by ltle1_

Original Post

Lot loads without furniture

★★★ Novice

After I installed the new patch, everything was running fine at first, but after I started the game today, all the furniture was missing from my lot, with the exception of a few closets and the litter box. Everything else is just gone. I never had this issue before until I installed the new patch. Does anyone else have this issue? I tested it on another lot, which loads all furniture without a problem.

Message 1 of 13 (869 Views)

Hero

HI @Huiiie_17

is that custom content furniture or furniture from the game itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (859 Views)

★★★ Novice
hey @crinrict
It's all furniture from the game itself, in fact, the only cc furniture I placed onto the lot is still there and didn't vanish like the rest.
Message 3 of 13 (849 Views)

sims

★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I'm a bit desperate. So, after the November 13th update, I've been having some trouble with both my CC and actual gameplay. Now, I know CC is mainly up to me to fix, but the gameplay has me all types of confused. 

I get through CAS normally, move my sim into a house and play for a while. Then, as soon as I either save and exit my game or travel to a new lot, the furniture in the house my Sim lives in is gone. All of it. I don't believe this has anything to do with my CC, because this just started after the update. 

I'm really confused and it's irritating because it keeps happening whenever I move my sim or travel with my sim.

This is with every lot every time I play.

Message 4 of 13 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ltle1_

I'm merging your post with a similar report so we can troubleshoot in one go.

Do you both still have all packs installed properly  ? Do you have a backup of the save/house you could just replace it with to see if it happens again ? Does it happen in just one save game or in all of them and also on new ones ?

Have you tried without any mods/cc installed at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (839 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Do you still have all packs installed properly? Yes, atleast they all show installed when looking them up in Origin.

Do you have a backup of the save/house you could just replace it with to see if it happens again? When I loaded an older backup of the save, the furniture is still there, but when I try to save the lot to the library, it just loads endlessly and I have to close the game via task manager. 

Does it happen in just one save game or in all of them and also on new ones ? It only happens in one particular save and house. When I loaded another save, everything was just fine.

Have you tried without any mods/cc installed at all ? Yes, but the problem still occurs.

Message 6 of 13 (823 Views)

Hero
Does the house have a pool ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (818 Views)

★ Apprentice
  • Yes, all of my packs are installed properly.
  • No, I don't. I don't exactly know what this question is asking, but all the lots/houses/apartments I've tried are from the game with no CC added.
  • It happens in all of the saves.
  • I have tried without any mods or CC and it still happens.
Message 8 of 13 (806 Views)

Hero

@Huiiie_17

would you be willing to share the faulty save with me so I can test if I can duplicate ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

@ltle1_

Since it's everything always for you, just to be sure, it's just the furniture, the house is still there ? Have you tried repairing your game and deleting your localthumbcahce file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried both of those and neither of them work.

Message 10 of 13 (760 Views)