Re: Lot flagged as Modded, but no CC on the lot.

by troshalom

Original Post

Lot flagged as Modded, but no CC on the lot.

★★★ Guide

I am having issues with the gallery. First a ton of lots I created, mostly retail lots and some lots created before March 2019 disappeared from the Gallery. Now when I create new sims and lots they are being flagged as modded even if I do not have any CC on the sim or on the lot.

This particular lot, Nookstone from Oasis Springs, I enhanced, renamed and uploaded to the gallery, but it is flagged as modded. There are no mods on this lot. 

2019-12-10_17-11-59.png

Photographs my Sim took are hanging around the house and some collectibles, but those items never caused a lot to be flagged as modded before.

12-10-19_5-20-16 PM.png

Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 9 (2,092 Views)

Hero
@troshalom Photos and pictures done by ref do count as modded (and yes, I believe some changes were done in that area)

You can try removing them and see if it still shows up modded

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,062 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Ok, that makes things very confusing, because I think most simmers view modded as things EA didn't create, and a sim taking a pic in game is an EA creation.

Now, I wonder about my lots that disappeared from the gallery. Because even with CC selected I can't find them.
Message 3 of 9 (2,049 Views)

Hero
@troshalom Do you have the hide reported items ticked in your options ?

Did you test if removing the photos removes the cc flag ? I'm not 100% sure if that's it, so it would be good to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,035 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict ,

Yes, I tested uploading the lot after I removed all the pictures and it doesn't display as modded anymore. 

No I do not have the Hide Reported Content option checked. My lots are gone from the gallery. And sometimes when I upload a lot it doesn't go to the public gallery it goes to my private one, even though I am uploading it to the public gallery.

2019-12-17_17-21-50.png

So, I have to search through my games and re-upload those lots. And since I lost most of my saved games earlier this summer, I may have lost those lots that disappeared from the gallery. Because I didn't place every lot I ever created back into my games.

Why would lots disappear from the gallery?

For instance, I own Spa Day and Fitness Stuff Packs. And I enhanced the gyms Harbor Quarter and Pectoral Fitness. Then I uploaded the base game gyms from Oasis Springs and Willow Creek and deleted them as I plan to only use the Harbor and Pectoral gyms. I uploaded the revised Harbor and Pectoral gyms to the gallery. None of the gyms I uploaded are in the gallery. When I reuploaded Pectoral Fitness the one I uploaded in march magically appeared.

Only the most recent revision I made to Harbor Quarter (12/9/19) is up there the earlier versions are gone. And Pectoral fitness is not up there either. 

I created some cafes. Only one cafe is up on the gallery - NaeNae's Movie Cafe 2 (3/11/19 - with two movie screens). The other two cafes are missing. I had to reupload NaeNae Movie Cafe (12/9/19). The other cafe is gone, since I didn't have it in game. 

I made modifications to the libraries in Willow Creek, Windenburg and StrangerVille - every singe one of those libraries are gone. - Willow Creek Archive from 8/29/2019 is there and I had to redo the changes I made to the StrangerVille Information Center, so the only version there is from 12/8/2019.

All of my lounges disappeared. I had modified Blue Velvet in Willow Creek, Club Calico in Brindleton Bay and The Solar Flare in Oasis Springs. I did major revisions in March. The only lounges that are in the gallery are the StrangerVille Motel & Spa I uploaded in March, September, and December and the Club Calico. I had to reupload the others from my saved game in December.

All nightclubs disappeared. I reuploaded Club Slate Updated on 12/9. But the other nightclubs I revised are gone because I did not have a copy saved in one of my saved games.

All retail lots I created or revised from an existing lot (maxis or simmer created) are gone. I had to reupload three lots I had in one of my saved games in December. This is particularly distressing, because I make/revise these lots for my sims to visit. I don't play them as an owner. So only four retail lots uploaded in December are on the gallery.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Message 5 of 9 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@troshalom Something is preventing them to show for you cause I certainly have all you're describing in the gallery.

What filter are you using ?

Did you clean your caches ?

bar.JPGCafe.JPG

Gym.JPGretail.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,994 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Same filter you are using: My Shared Content | Newest | Lots | Lot Type.

I swapped to Most Popular and saw a few more of my older lots, but not all of them.

I just did a refresh on my Sims 4 folder where it recreated the entire thing and then I copied my saves and mods back, in November.

As for clearing the cache of the gallery, how do you do that?
Message 7 of 9 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@troshalom Would be either the Sims cache or maybe Origin cache but not sure if that helps.

Do you see them in the web gallery ? Do you see everything on my pics or is something missing there as well ?

I know @kreatora had a similar issue a while ago, so going to tag them to see if I forgot something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,958 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@troshalom 

Yes, I had the same problem. Corrupt configuration files in the game folder are responsible for this error and the only way to fix this is to completely reset the game folder.

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
If you don't have mods and CC skip next step

Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem disappeared.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged and Gallery should work properly for you.

I don't work for EA

Message 9 of 9 (1,950 Views)