Re: Lot Rotation Not Working

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lot Rotation Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having an issue where I can't rotate my lots at all anymore. Beginning last night, whenever I attempt to rotate a house regardless of the lot or location, I receive an error in red stating "Max Roof Slope Exceeded", followed by the lot returning to its original position. This is extremely frustrating because most of the lots I download are now being placed backward. I have tried repairing the game, and many of the suggestions posted on forums a couple of years ago before EA fixed a similar bug, all to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Message 1 of 7 (9,033 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@bxbrianx7 I am not experiencing this in my game, so I suspect something may be corrupt in yours.  If you haven't already, please take the following steps: 1) remove any mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test placing builds on lots in the new save.  If you continue to experience the issue in a fresh save after doing the above, please let me know which lot(s) you are using and which builds from the Gallery where the error occurs so that I can try testing the specific lots/builds in my game (you don't need to provide an extensive list - just a few lots and builds that cause you the trouble).  Please tag me with @BryonyRae if you need further assistance.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (9,343 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@bxbrianx7 I am not experiencing this in my game, so I suspect something may be corrupt in yours.  If you haven't already, please take the following steps: 1) remove any mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test placing builds on lots in the new save.  If you continue to experience the issue in a fresh save after doing the above, please let me know which lot(s) you are using and which builds from the Gallery where the error occurs so that I can try testing the specific lots/builds in my game (you don't need to provide an extensive list - just a few lots and builds that cause you the trouble).  Please tag me with @BryonyRae if you need further assistance.

Message 2 of 7 (9,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@BryonyRae I just started having this problem. Of all the lots I have teted, it is specific to a lot in the gallery labeled at Gothic Church Bar uploaded February 10, 2018. Please let me know if you have found any common problem with lots of this issue.

Message 3 of 7 (8,082 Views)

Hero

Hi @animepolkadot 

Have you tried all the steps suggested above ? Seems to have helped the OP

If it's just that one lot though, maybe it's a problem with the lot ?

Have you tried placing it in a fresh save for testing too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (8,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this problem with a single lot I downloaded from the Gallery. I went through the roofs one by one, and found one that seed to exceed the maximum pitch allowed. That is, if I adjusted it down, I could not raise it back to it's original height. Once i had adjusted it down, I was able to rotate the lot. I am not sure how the creator changed the roof pitch, but it seems that it prevents rotation.

Message 5 of 7 (7,328 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sim_Bee_Vomit Ok so I'm not sure if you fixed it or not but I had the same problem. It said something like exceeded maximum slope or something like that. So I thought it was the roofs. No go. So then I tried smoothing out the hills in this castle that I downloaded. It worked! So it may be the slopes/hills giving you a problem. It wasn't corrupted at all. Well atleast not for me. I hope this helps some of yall!
Message 6 of 7 (4,215 Views)

Community Manager
Hi all,

Since this thread has been inactive for quite a while, I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting.

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (4,203 Views)