Re: Lost some CC after merging files in Sims 4 Studio

by kreatora

Original Post

Lost some CC after merging files in Sims 4 Studio

★ Novice

I followed these steps: http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/402/merge-packages-using-sims-studio

However, when I opened the Sims 4 game, I saw that some of my CC went missing (though most CC remained). For instance, some of my Sims went bald.

I want to merge my CC because my Sims 4 game is slow otherwise. Is there a way to do so without losing any CC? 

Message 1 of 6 (4,075 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue and its driving me crazy. I can barley play because my game is so laggy. And i cant figure out how to fix this problem.

Message 2 of 6 (4,022 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Missdoglover

A large part of CC isn't working anymore after the patch.
If you already have merged such CC with another then both will not work and will spoil the game.
I don't see any other way how to get rid of those broken together with those that work but are merged together.
Then check on the pages of creators if there are new updated versions this broken one

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 6 (4,017 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Okkkk, well i was playing around with my cc trying to figure out what was wrong.. and i found that when i put the winRar cc into the merge thing. It wouldnt appear.. (to be merged) So then i extracted the peice of cc and  put that in the merge thingy and everything was fine again.. but i have so much cc.. and its going to take forever to extract everything. 

But i also saved a file of all the cc before i extracted it ..... just in case..

I hope this works.. im not really sure tho.

Message 4 of 6 (4,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Missdoglovermhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok well i extracted everything, and merged everything ... but now my sims4 game wont open.. like it stays on the loading screen. But it might just be my computer.
I dont even know anymore... im getting so frustrated!! Frown((((

Message 5 of 6 (3,982 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Missdoglover

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC and merged CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version
Message 6 of 6 (3,978 Views)