Lost saved games,Settings got reset and Gallery stuff gone.

by deyveed14

Original Post

Highlighted

Lost saved games,Settings got reset and Gallery stuff gone.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 FP= 1, GP= 1,2,3,5,6,7 SP= 9,13
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea how it can trigger but it just happens when I open the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Losing all my saves, Resets all the settings, Losing all the stuff on my gallery
What do you expect to see? Not losing all my saves, Settings should be the same to what I have it set and Should still have all my stuffs on the gallery/
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Lost my saves, Settings got reset, and Lost of my Gallery stuff.

I don't know what causes this bug but It happened thrice now but in different days. Was just playing normally then came back the next day and Poof my saves are gone, settings got reset and lost all my stuff on the gallery. I decided to move on and just start a new world but day passes by it happened again. I lost all will to play the game at this point and tried to find if anyone was having the same issue. Or if anyone has a fix for the problem but haven't found anything yet.

Looked at the Documents > Electronic arts > Sims 4 folder and saves are long gone.

Message 1 of 2 (181 Views)

Re: Lost saved games,Settings got reset and Gallery stuff gone.

@deyveed14  Do you have OneDrive set up to sync the contents of Documents?  That's the most common reason the Sims 3 user folder would disappear: OneDrive can remove the local copy of the folder when your hard drive is full enough.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)