Lost registration code?

by ShadowWolfies

Original Post

Lost registration code?

★★★★ Novice

Hi there, lovely to meet you all! I recently got into playing the Sims 3 thanks to finding them at the op shops (second hand shop), however, I do have one problem with a game.

One of my lovely real life friends gave me a copy to The Sims 3 Supernatural - which I really want to play, but she said she lost the registration code, is there a way to get a new one so I can try out the expansion pack? I've longed to play that one ever since I heard about it! I have the CD but can't install it without the code Frown

May someone please help me? Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate it.

One more quick question:

I'm going away on holiday soon and I have my Sims games on origin, I will not be able to access the internet, my question is am I still able to play The Sims 3 through Origin without having to be connected?

Once more, I really appreciate your help -sends out hugs-.

The Sims is one of my long time favourite games!

Message 1 of 12 (536 Views)

Re: Lost registration code?

Hero (Retired)

if the game was bought 2nd hand/used the code/s and or passed on the code/s will be tied to the original persons account and are non transferable nor can they be re-registered to another account

and yes the sims can be played  in offline mode you'll still need to log in but will be pretty much an offline login

Message 2 of 12 (525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it Standard smile

Is there any possible way to get a new code if I have to contact staff with the proof of disk/game cover?

Message 3 of 12 (520 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You would have to contact support only they can say yay or nay especially since the game is pre-owned, they might be able to sell you a code but again i don't know that for sure

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Message 4 of 12 (511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will contact them, thank you for your help. I also need to ask how to install MonteVilla - the codeworks however, the game doesn't show the installation progress it claims it's installed but doesn't show up on Origin - apparently other people have had trouble with this expansion?

Message 5 of 12 (495 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Question about support though, with the live chat, does that mean it's via voice or via writing to them? Standard smile I prefer to write 'cause it's easier to explain my situation however, I did take a picture of my disks to be on the safe side if I need to provide them Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (492 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShadowWolfies  Monte Vista (MV) is a store world. Once you purchase MV and the transaction is complete the world will appear in the store purchase history (where you can download the world (or other store items/worlds should you need). MV will appear as a download item where you install the world from the download tab of the launcher. MV will not show in Origin but in the purchase history of thesims3.com store.

Message 7 of 12 (476 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShadowWolfies To answer the question about dvds (discs). The discs are generic and the software on the discs is dated. The discs contains DRM that is no longer supported by today's operating systems. Since 2012 the Sims 3 installation required Origin to be the DRM. Existing installations should continue to run as long as you don't try to add DLC or try to do a reinstall. At that time you will be require to patch the game for Origin. The code you get when you purchase the game is now an activation code you need to play the game for the first time. When you purchase the game you do not own the game - what you pay for is a license to use the software which is governed by the code. Origin is like Steam. Steam has been successful in controlling ownership without DRM (or little nonintrusive DRM). The sims 3 was released with SecROM and SafeDisc. SecuROM required an activation and had an install limit. SafeDisc made it a requirement to have a disc in the optical drive to play. They were considered rootkits and were poorly supported. Due to the poor support Windows 10 and El Capitan will not support SecuROM and safeDisc. the Origin version do not have SecuROM and SafeDisc. All you have to do is activate the game in Origin. Once the code is used it is locked to the Origin account that is open at that time. and ther is no user way to deactivate the code. Do you remember recovering installation slots with SecuROM?

hth

Message 8 of 12 (473 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @ShadowWolfies,

To answer your last question, in case you didn't contact them yet - the live chat is via writing Wink

For a voice communication you would need to choose the phone option.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

-Mai

Message 9 of 12 (467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't had the chance to contact them yet - thank you for letting me know it's via writing - that is a relief.

Ah, that makes sense! I really appreciate your help Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (403 Views)