Re: Lost my old account

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Lost my old account

★★ Novice

Hello, dear community!

What does it take to get my old EA/Origin account back? I would like to play Sims 3 again (with Simpoints), but unfortunately, I can't remember my old account. Information I have: All the codes of my Sims games, my name (which should also be part of the old email address) and my date of birth. I was told by the support team to please provide the months of my purchases and my credit card number. However, this is useless as 1. I bought the majority of the games 7 years ago and can't remember the exact dates of purchase and 2. I bought all the games from an electronics shop. I never bought any games online through my old account. 

Is it really impossible to track down my old account?

Message 1 of 2 (650 Views)

Re: Lost my old account

Community Manager
Hi @218100935,

There isn't an alternative way to recover the account through the support team. You would need to be able to provide the information they ask in order to pass the security stage with them.

However, if you'd like to try to recover it yourself, without the support teams help, you can try loading up your old email addresses. Then in Origin, on the login screen, click 'reset password' and enter in the old email addresses one at a time. The password reset link will only deliver to email addresses registered to EA accounts. Once you know the old email registered to the old EA account, you can log back in and play from the EA account the game is registered too.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (622 Views)