Lost email so can't access origin account

by elyseewoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost email so can't access origin account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here - I called origin and had multiple cases about trying to link up my old account to which they never followed through on. Im left with about 10 unplayable hard copy CD's. 

Message 1 of 5 (512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost email so can't access origin account

[ Edited ]

@elyseewoo  Since this is moving somewhat off-topic for the original thread (and that thread was a bit old), I've split your comments into their own separate thread.

It sounds like you have everything you need to install TS3 without Origin... as long as you're running some version of Windows.  The newest versions of mac OS won't authenticate TS3 discs; Origin is the only way to go there.  But for Windows, the process goes like this:

• If you've ever had the game installed on this computer, you'll need to clean the registry after uninstalling, either manually (see these instructions) or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  Otherwise, those leftover registry entries can prevent you from launching the game going forward.
  • It's also a good idea to uninstall Origin before proceeding.
  • Before starting, download the Super Patch so that you can manually patch your game to 1.67 after installing.  The launcher doesn't do a good job of patching on its own, especially when you're starting with an unpatched base game.
  • Next, take your computer completely offline—disconnect from wifi or unplug the ethernet cable.
  • Now you can install the base game.  You'll get an offer to let the EA Download Manager oversee the install process.  Say no.  The EADM will do everything it can to update itself to Origin.
  • When the base game is installed, run the Super Patch, and then launch the game to make sure it runs.  Now you can install your packs one by one, and you can be online again as well.  The launcher may ask you to patch the early packs, as they each had their own patches.  This should be fine—the launcher itself has no way of forcing you into an Origin-controlled install.

If you do need or want Origin for other reasons, make sure that the option for automatic game updates is turned off.  (Hover over your username and click Application Settings.  Under Application—the first tab—scroll to Client Update and disable the option.)  Origin has occasionally been known to try to auto-update anyway, although I think a disc-only install that has never used Origin should be safe.  Still, be sure to pay attention if and when you open Origin.

It's possible that your system won't authenticate your discs.  You can try running the installer in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows, although the game itself will run just fine in Windows 10.  If you get stuck on this step, let me know, and I'll point you to people who can help.  I've never been through this myself, but probably half the people still active on the official Sims forums have disc installs, and they'd be happy to offer some advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (493 Views)

All Replies

@elyseewoo  I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to sort things out with customer support.  You could always try again, this time choosing a different category for your help request.  The options you use will dictate who answers the phone or chat, and some employees have more power to help than others.

If you still can't get anywhere, I can ask an EA community manager to look into how you might approach this.  There's no guarantee it would work, but it might be worth a shot.  Let me know.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you own disc copies of all your packs, and in particular a base game disc manufactured before September 2012, you may be able to install TS3 entirely via disc, without Origin's involvement at all.  It can occasionally be a bit tricky to force your computer to authenticate the discs, but a number of people have made it work, even on Windows 10.

Message 2 of 5 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

thankyou @puzzlezaddict you're the first voice of wisdom Ive had about all of my woes.

I have tried a few avenues of help (mainly online chat and the email recovery forms) but Ill keep trying maybe in the hopes I'll get the right person.

Yes! My base game disk is 2009! (Ive been a looonngg time Sims addict) Id love to know more about the authentication without Origin if you might know?
Id like to try that first before contacting a manager Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]

@elyseewoo  Since this is moving somewhat off-topic for the original thread (and that thread was a bit old), I've split your comments into their own separate thread.

It sounds like you have everything you need to install TS3 without Origin... as long as you're running some version of Windows.  The newest versions of mac OS won't authenticate TS3 discs; Origin is the only way to go there.  But for Windows, the process goes like this:

• If you've ever had the game installed on this computer, you'll need to clean the registry after uninstalling, either manually (see these instructions) or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  Otherwise, those leftover registry entries can prevent you from launching the game going forward.
  • It's also a good idea to uninstall Origin before proceeding.
  • Before starting, download the Super Patch so that you can manually patch your game to 1.67 after installing.  The launcher doesn't do a good job of patching on its own, especially when you're starting with an unpatched base game.
  • Next, take your computer completely offline—disconnect from wifi or unplug the ethernet cable.
  • Now you can install the base game.  You'll get an offer to let the EA Download Manager oversee the install process.  Say no.  The EADM will do everything it can to update itself to Origin.
  • When the base game is installed, run the Super Patch, and then launch the game to make sure it runs.  Now you can install your packs one by one, and you can be online again as well.  The launcher may ask you to patch the early packs, as they each had their own patches.  This should be fine—the launcher itself has no way of forcing you into an Origin-controlled install.

If you do need or want Origin for other reasons, make sure that the option for automatic game updates is turned off.  (Hover over your username and click Application Settings.  Under Application—the first tab—scroll to Client Update and disable the option.)  Origin has occasionally been known to try to auto-update anyway, although I think a disc-only install that has never used Origin should be safe.  Still, be sure to pay attention if and when you open Origin.

It's possible that your system won't authenticate your discs.  You can try running the installer in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows, although the game itself will run just fine in Windows 10.  If you get stuck on this step, let me know, and I'll point you to people who can help.  I've never been through this myself, but probably half the people still active on the official Sims forums have disc installs, and they'd be happy to offer some advice.

Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)

★★★ Novice
amazing. yes. its worked. hallelujah. saviour. <3

everything's worked thus far with the exception of Supernatural which even when completely disconnected from the internet (i physically have removed the cable) is still asking for a disk authentication. I haven't done enough trial and error yet to see if there's a little work around but I'm so grateful for the simple fact I can play nearly all of my sims now.
Message 5 of 5 (477 Views)