Re: Lost disc

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Origin not recognizing Sims 3 Pets?

★★ Novice
@Zamp121 I had this same exact issue! I want to tell you a little trick I did and it WORKED! I reached out to EA so many times with this issue and no resolve except the same crap. I bought an external CD drive because my laptop didnt have a CD port. I put the actual discs into the computer and downloaded them old school style and they worked and showed up in the game launcher! boom!
Message 110 of 194 (808 Views)

promotions code invalid

★★★ Newbie

i install sims 3 on an old pc that wont work any more and now i cant use my promotions  code to install it on an other pc? what do i do? i'm not buying a new one 

Message 111 of 194 (835 Views)

Re: promotions code invalid

@greger1990  If you registered the code when you originally installed the game, all you need to do is login to the same Origin account you used back then, and Sims 3 should already be in your game library.  Then you could download it from there, for free, without needing another code or having to use the disc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 112 of 194 (788 Views)

Adding Sims 3 to Origin

★ Novice

Hi! I'm trying to transfer my expansions on my pc to origin, and I just wanted to ask: if I uninstall them from my pc, can I still redeem the codes on origin? Thanks!

Message 113 of 194 (818 Views)

Re: Adding Sims 3 to Origin

@BethieBunnie  A Sims 3 product key can be registered in Origin exactly once, regardless of whether you've used it to install on a computer before.  If your existing install requires you to launch the game through Origin, the keys are probably already registered to your account.  You can check by logging into the Origin website, clicking on Sims 3 in your game library, then More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), and seeing whether the packs are listed as owned (Download/Details/Play) or unowned (Buy Now).

If the packs aren't in your account, and the keys were never used, you can still register them now, without uninstalling the game.  You can use the Origin app, the website, or the old Sims 3 store site ( store.thesims3.com ), by signing in and clicking Register a Game at the bottom of the screen  The store seems to be the most reliable option, but they should all work.

Message 114 of 194 (792 Views)

★ Novice

I tried registering them on Origin and the Sims 3 store, but it say the keys have already been used. 

Message 115 of 194 (779 Views)

@BethieBunnie  Then they're already attached to an account, and you'll need to figure out which one.  If you don't know what email address you might have used to register your games, you can open an Origin login window, enter any address you can remember, and click "Forgot your password?"  An address associated with an Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check your spam folder too.

If you don't get anywhere with this, you can contact EA customer support and ask for assistance.  Maybe someone will be able to help you figure out what account the content is registered to, and therefore how you might be able to access it.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 116 of 194 (762 Views)

New PC - No Disc Reader For Disc Games I've Bought - Please Help!

★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have a number of Sims 3 expansion packs on disc alongside a few on Origin downloaded digitally. I had redeemed the codes on the discs a long time ago, on a different computer when I first had them. Fast forward to now, I have a new PC without a disc reader to install these games in - I have the codes, that's fine, but when I try to "redeem" them on Origin, it just says they were already redeemed and cannot do so. 

Then, I tried the Sims 3 website and registering it there. Same thing, can't be done. I'm really struggling to add these games onto my new PC without a disc reader. Does that mean I have to buy one? Ideally I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 117 of 194 (792 Views)

Re: New PC - No Disc Reader For Disc Games I've Bought - Please Help!

@pdmz6526  Do you have access to the account in which the codes were originally redeemed?  It might even be the same account where you bought the other packs digitally.  Please check your Origin game library: click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, scroll through the list, and see whether you can download the packs you own in disc form.  Repeat for the stuff packs.  You can also sign into your account on origin.com to have a look.  Any pack registered to your account can be downloaded for free, with no need for discs.

If the packs are not registered to your current account, tbut you can find the account they belong to, you'll be able to ask EA customer support to merge the two accounts.  Sometimes the simplest way to look for other accounts is to enter any email address you have into the Origin login window and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an EA/Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check your spam folder too.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, you could try contacting EA customer support and asking for help in finding the other account.  This doesn't always work, although you'll have a better chance of getting help if you provide a photo for each pack showing the disc, its case, and the insert with the code printed on the back.  You can upload photos directly to a live chat session.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable, and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

If none of this helps, then yes, your only other option would be to install those packs from disc and hope Origin allows them to load.  (It works sometimes, but not always.)  You might not need to buy a disc drive though—if you can borrow one temporarily, and the newest pack (by release date) you own is a digital download, you should be able to play without a disc going forward.

Message 118 of 194 (761 Views)

Lost disc

★★★★★ Newbie

I lost my cd but still have the serial code. I type in the code and it says it’s already been redeemed. I activated it on my old account and do not have the pass or access to the email to my old account. Pls help 

Message 119 of 194 (804 Views)