Lost ability to add lots while in game

by Kelseybrielle

Original Post

Lost ability to add lots while in game

★★★ Novice

I used to be able to be in the game, minimize the game, download a lot online, add it to my tray folder and that lot show up in my library. I am no longer able to do that. When I add a lot now I have to exit the game completely and restart it for the lots to show up. Yes I check include custom content. Please help. 

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Re: Lost ability to add lots while in game

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Kelseybrielle 

It may be related to outdated mod or CC, to exclude such possibility move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - important!

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if this option is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it will not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (221 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately this did not work. I even uninstalled the sims, wiped my computer and did a fresh install of Sims 4 with no mods, started the game, added a lot to the tray folder, but the lot did not show up. 

Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Kelseybrielle

Has your old game folder remained in the Documents? Did uninstalling only refer to the game in the Program Files folder?
If yes - rename this The Sims4 folder in Documents to The Sims4 old. Turn on the game to create a new game folder and start it with the random sim. Check if you still have this problem.

Message 4 of 4 (200 Views)