Lost Sims 3 registration code

by Supersim12344

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost Sims 3 registration code

★ Apprentice

Ok, so, a while back, I had bought Sims 3, as a cd. I did NOT buy the Sims 3 through origin, but I went to a store, and bought the game on disc. I found the disc today, and wanted to install it on my computer. However, it says I need the registration code. I can't find the box for it anywhere. I've checked, and I cannot find it. Is there a way to find the code? I tired EA Help, and it was useless, and I've looked don the Answers HQ. I cannot find help. I just need to find my code.

Message 1 of 3 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost Sims 3 registration code

@Supersim12344  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  If you ever installed the game on another computer, you might still be able to find the code on that computer.  Or if you were required to use Origin to install initially, the game might have been added to the account you used at the time.  But those are the only ways to recover the code if you can't find it now.

By the way, the code isn't on the CD case, it's on the back of the insert that came inside the case.  So if you find a little booklet with Sims 3 on it, check the back.

Otherwise, you'll need to buy the game again.  Origin and Steam have periodic sales of TS3, with Origin offering the base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff as a bundle for as little as $10 U.S., and Steam offering the base game for as low as $5.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (742 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Supersim12344

Unfortunately, if you lost the code, it is equivalent to losing the game. A disk without code is useless. After registered game code on the Origin, you could throw the disc away because the game would always be ready for download.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (748 Views)

@Supersim12344  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  If you ever installed the game on another computer, you might still be able to find the code on that computer.  Or if you were required to use Origin to install initially, the game might have been added to the account you used at the time.  But those are the only ways to recover the code if you can't find it now.

By the way, the code isn't on the CD case, it's on the back of the insert that came inside the case.  So if you find a little booklet with Sims 3 on it, check the back.

Otherwise, you'll need to buy the game again.  Origin and Steam have periodic sales of TS3, with Origin offering the base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff as a bundle for as little as $10 U.S., and Steam offering the base game for as low as $5.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (743 Views)