Re: Lost Sims 3 Seasons disk, and game won’t let me play.

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Lost Sims 3 Seasons disk, and game won’t let me play.

★ Novice

So, I have a bunch of expansion packs for the Sims 3, and I still have the base game. The problem is that I lost my Seasons disk (as well as the code). It's still installed on my computer, but I don't think I ever registered it. Anyway, the game won't open without the Seasons disk; it won't even play the base game. I looked online and it said that if you get a new expansion pack you can use that disk. Well, I installed Pets and Showtime after Seasons, but it won't let me use them, either. Any help would be much appreciated! <3

Message 1 of 2 (1,430 Views)

Re: Lost Sims 3 Seasons disk, and game won’t let me play.

Hero (Retired)

If your Sims 3 and Origin accounts are connected, then the game should appear in your My Games on the Origin client. If it does, then right click on the game and click - View Game Details. On the right hand side, you will see "product code" and the code underneath it.

If the game does not appear in your My Games, you can also find it in the registry.

---------------------
If you still have the game on your computer you can follow these steps to find your serial code from your registry (PC only). Credits of to Carl's Sims 3 Guide

You need to be signed in as an Administrator first. Windows may require your permission to open the
Registry Editor and if so, just click on yes.

Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit in the search bar and press Enter.
Click on 'File' at the top left of the window that opens then click on Export.
Choose a location and name for the file as this will be your backup registry file.
Click Save.
This backup is created just as a precaution.
Now to find your serial codes for each specific EP or SP installed on your computer:

Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
Expand the SOFTWARE folder (Wow6432Node for 64 bit systems)
Expand the Electronic Arts folder.
Expand the Sims folder
Expand the EP or SP you need the code for
Click on ergc and in the box to the right under 'Data' you will see the code
Write it down somewhere safe
Repeat above steps for each EP
---------------------

Once you have found the code, (if it wasn't registered already), manually uninstall Seasons. Then download it from Origin. 

In terms of if you get another EP, you can run that instead - you would have to get another EP that was released after Seasons, so something like Univeristy Life, Into the Future. 

For more information: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

Best of luck and happy gaming

Message 2 of 2 (1,414 Views)