Re: Lost Saved Game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Lost Saved Game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free suff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i lost my saved game
What happens when the bug occurs? i just lost lost my saved games
What do you expect to see? i get my saved game back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, i lost my saved games 3 times i guess, this is really tiring, i already work hard to build my house and the family, and this happened, I think I'm going crazy T T

Please tell me how to fix this, this is really tiring 

Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Lost Saved Game

@etult  Do you have OneDrive enabled and set to sync the contents of Documents?  It's possible the entire Sims 4 user folder, with the saves inside, is being moved to cloud storage.  The game can't find the folder in OneDrive and will create a new folder, with no saves or other content, in its place.

If you don't find any content in OneDrive, please search your hard drive for your missing saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_* (with the asterisk) in the search field.  If you find any older saves (check the modified dates), you can click on one of them and then click "Open file location," and you'll land in the location of the save.  You can move any saves you find to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and they should be available to load at the Main Menu.

If you get a message about overwriting or replacing files when you try to move them, just cancel and move your newer saves elsewhere first.

If you find some older saves but don't know what to do with them, feel free to post a couple of screenshots.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)