Re: Lost My Sims 4 Info And Gallery When Installing Origin On A New Computer

by mark333000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost My Sims 4 Info And Gallery When Installing Origin On A New Computer

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Recently I got a new computer.  I was able to re-install Origin/The Sims 4 no problem, using my usual login information.

However, my entire gallery of creations, saved households and families, lots, saved games, etc. are all gone.  Does this usually happen?  And if not, is there any way to get it all back??

Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@mark333000  Your user-generated and -downloaded content is saved locally on your hard drive, specifically in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  Saves are in the saves subfolder, and saved households and builds, whether created by you or downloaded from the Gallery, are in Tray.  Mods and custom content are in the Mods folder.  You can move these folders from your old computer to your new one; the best practice is to move the files into the appropriate folders on your new computer, rather than moving the folders themselves.

If you're transferring from Windows to macOS or vice versa, it's best to zip the files together before transferring them, especially if you're moving mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@mark333000  Your user-generated and -downloaded content is saved locally on your hard drive, specifically in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  Saves are in the saves subfolder, and saved households and builds, whether created by you or downloaded from the Gallery, are in Tray.  Mods and custom content are in the Mods folder.  You can move these folders from your old computer to your new one; the best practice is to move the files into the appropriate folders on your new computer, rather than moving the folders themselves.

If you're transferring from Windows to macOS or vice versa, it's best to zip the files together before transferring them, especially if you're moving mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the help!!  You rock!!

Message 3 of 3 (224 Views)