Re: Lost My Manual ! ! ! !

by Rosellainoz

Original Post

Lost My Manual ! ! ! !

★★ Newbie

I uninstalled my Sims 3 game a year ago and now i want to install it again. However i lost the manual with the code on it. Is there anyway i can get it without having to buy a whole new game?

Message 1 of 6 (175 Views)

★★ Novice

I just clicked "me too". My problem is nearly the same so I am hoping for an answer. I purchased Town Life Stuff a couple of months ago and just went to install it today. I did not realise I would need a code for it because there was no code included. The store omitted to put it in the case and I have lost the reciept so they wont help me. There has to be a way to discover what it is. I believe it should be on the disk but obviously the makers of the disk do not agree. It would be silly if it was only included on the paperwork.

Please help us discover how to find out the codes of our leagally obtained disks.

Thank you Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 6 (163 Views)

Hero

See this thread for details: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (161 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply.

It does not help me!

All instructions are for those that have already installed the game or expansions. Giving me hindsight answers does not help as the store DID NOT give me the code. I have therefore NOT been able to even install or register the pack I now have. If a code cannot be provided to me then I have lost my money. I am not happy about that. There has to be more of an anwer.

There were some on the thread that talked about a chat session with someone to try to sort out my problem. I wish I could find chat.

My last post had a smilely face but sadly this one does not Confusedmileysad:

Message 4 of 6 (151 Views)

Hero

If the store did not include a code, then this nothing anyone but customer support can help you with.

The link I have above does have a link to customer support if you read all the way to the end.

----

Here it is again

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (148 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for that. I did eventually find the chat option after clicking a few things. The chat guy was not terribly helpful as I would need proof of purchase for him to help but I had told him three times in the conversation that I did not know where the receipt was. Making it not possible to even return my games to the store where I purchased them. I was beginning to think I had wasted my money on purchase of Town Life Stuff and Medieval Pirates and Nobles.

While still in chat I opened Pirates and Nobles one last time and checked beneath the advertisement slip inside it and there to my delight was the purchase receipt.

Yay! The next day I was able to return to the store and they quickly rectified the situation by giving me the paper work complete with codes that they should have given me in the first place.

All is now good and up and running. Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)