Lost 2 entire families with no way to retrieve them.

by Pug_777wow

Original Post

Lost 2 entire families with no way to retrieve them.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Kid's Stuff, Patio Perfect Stuff and Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No clue
What happens when the bug occurs? I lost 2 entire families that I had worked on for endless hours a day. My Sim married Father Winter, Clement Frost and we raised 5 children. 2 are adults, 2 are teens and one is a child. That was NOT an easy task. It all started when I purchased a restaurant, upgraded it, took my family there to eat. The next time I logged in to play the restaurant was gone. I sought help with about 6 agents who promised they could restore it but it has not happened. What they tell me to do does NOT work. My family had almost 1 million simoleons and each had over 6k whim points.
What do you expect to see? To be honest, nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have followed so many instructions I honestly cannot say. One agent had me make a back up and delete and dump in the recycle bin. I suppose I dumped the back up in there also and my recycle bin has been emptied.

I think I have explained it all quite well above. I do not expect to retrieve my massively wealthy family nor their 2 adult sons who had moved to another house in Willow Creek.

Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: Lost 2 entire families with no way to retrieve them.

Hero

HI @Pug_777wow 

I moved your post to tech for troubleshooting.

Did the entire family disappear and is not in household manager anymore or just the children of Father Winter disappear ? Was it just the restaurant or are other houses affected too ?

Was the second family you lost also related to Father Winter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, both households were Father Winter's family. The first still had my original Sim, him (Clement Frost) 2 teens and one child. The other household were his two adult sons that has just moved in together.

Only the restaurant disappeared. Everything else was still there.

Message 3 of 4 (248 Views)

Hero

There does still seem to be a an issue with father winter children but if I understand you correctly, you also lost Father Winter and the wife himself, right ?

I assume you don't have any backups anymore after all support asked you to do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (241 Views)