Loss of a Sims code (Barnacle Bay) and elimination from the Sims Store

by ninjaferi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loss of a Sims code (Barnacle Bay) and elimination from the Sims Store

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I would like to request your assistance with the loss of a Sims 3 redemption code.

After accidental deletion, I lost files from multiple expansions and worlds on my computer. When I wanted to install them again, I realized that the only game that did not have its code was the world of Barnacle Bay.

Being a world that is not for sale in CD format, but in code, the only alternative was to use my Sims account.

There I found that the game symbol was marked in colour (shiny icon), symbolizing that I had already purchased it, as well as other worlds and expansions. However, when I wanted to download it, it indicated that it is not in my possession and I can only redeem the code of the game that I had installed (lost code) or buy it as if I had never had it.

The strange thing is that although I have registered the lost code years ago, the game appeared as purchased.

Without the code, I didn't find another option to get my world back, I just had the Sims store icon indicating that I downloaded it at some point.

I contacted the technical service, they asked me for a verification code and I continued the steps to follow. After sending my data and screenshots that showed my situation, I went through a long wait. In the end, I was informed to check if the game was available on my Origin account.

The game was not there, and when checking my EA account (in the Sims Store), the symbol of the game I had purchased was also missing! 

Please, I request your help, since the contact with the server not only ended without a response two times but ended with the server indicating that I do not even have a game that I have purchased and whose lost code prevents me from reinstalling. I really appreciate your help!

I asked EA Help one more time, and after a long wait, they said that it must be a bug and recommend me to ask the Sims Store.

The problem is that:

1) The Sims Store doesn't have another help server.

2) The icon of the purchased game only disappeared after contacting the EA Help technical support.

Thank you so much!.: ninjaferi

Message 1 of 3 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loss of a Sims code (Barnacle Bay) and elimination from the Sims Store

@ninjaferi  Barnacle Bay doesn't show as purchased in Origin, nor do any other store worlds, so that part is normal.  And once you register the product code for a world, you should be able to download it from the store as many times as you want.  The code itself can't be reused though.

Have you gone through your Store purchase history to see whether Barnacle Bay is listed?  Click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, wait for it to load (it may take a few refreshes), and go through the pages and pages of items.  If you do find Barnacle Bay, you should be able to download it from there.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to go back to EA customer support, unfortunately.  The screenshots you attached to your post here may help, especially if you can find someone who understands how the store works.  (As in, content from the store is only available through the store, not Origin.)  An email confirmation for the registration, if you still have it somewhere, could be useful too; just take a screenshot and upload it when you submit the support request.

It may also help if you can find a record of registering the world in your ea.com purchase history.  Sign in, click your icon in the upper right corner and select Account Settings, click Order History, and set the time frame to "all."  You may need to go back pretty far to find Barnacle Bay, but if you have an order number, that may make it easier for a support rep to fix the issue, or perhaps just add the world back to your account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (629 Views)

All Replies

@ninjaferi  Barnacle Bay doesn't show as purchased in Origin, nor do any other store worlds, so that part is normal.  And once you register the product code for a world, you should be able to download it from the store as many times as you want.  The code itself can't be reused though.

Have you gone through your Store purchase history to see whether Barnacle Bay is listed?  Click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, wait for it to load (it may take a few refreshes), and go through the pages and pages of items.  If you do find Barnacle Bay, you should be able to download it from there.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to go back to EA customer support, unfortunately.  The screenshots you attached to your post here may help, especially if you can find someone who understands how the store works.  (As in, content from the store is only available through the store, not Origin.)  An email confirmation for the registration, if you still have it somewhere, could be useful too; just take a screenshot and upload it when you submit the support request.

It may also help if you can find a record of registering the world in your ea.com purchase history.  Sign in, click your icon in the upper right corner and select Account Settings, click Order History, and set the time frame to "all."  You may need to go back pretty far to find Barnacle Bay, but if you have an order number, that may make it easier for a support rep to fix the issue, or perhaps just add the world back to your account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for answering me and for helping me!
I did all the above steps but got more help from you than from the server.

As you have indicated, my expansion is purchased but is locked. Please, wishing you are very well, I thank you again!

Message 3 of 3 (618 Views)