by ChocoboPancake

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loosing all businesses after closing one for the day

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a vet clinic, open the business, close the business and return home, or close the business, save, and reload the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims loose all of their businesses when closing one
What do you expect to see? Sims not loosing all of their businesses when they close one for the day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just opened a vet clinic for the first time to try out the game play, I built a new one from scratch and had it open a few sim hours treating patients. After she was done for the day, my sim closed the business and returned home, where upon loading, the business tab said that she owned no businesses, meaning she not only lost the vets clinic but also another store her family had owned for generations along with all of the money that was in them.
I tried reloading the game from a previous save and kept the store open for a bit longer, saving regularly and chose to travel home instead of clicking the home button on her avatar, but have the same result. All of the businesses are gone. I also reloaded the most recent save after she had closed the business, and the game is saying she owns no businsesses again. So it seems that as soon as you close it removes them.
Her family still show as owning the vets building and I can travel there but I can't do anything there.

Message 1 of 4 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loosing all businesses after closing one for the day

★★ Novice
I managed to fix this by entering Build/buy mode while she was at the clinic, the businesses showed up again after exiting!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I managed to fix this by entering Build/buy mode while she was at the clinic, the businesses showed up again after exiting!
Message 2 of 4 (328 Views)

★ Novice

mine does the same thing to even when you go in build mode and exit you have to get all new employees. That's not how it should be it wasnt on the sims 3.

Message 3 of 4 (278 Views)

Hero

Hi @ladyt11

yeah, that shouldn't happen.

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)