Re: Long Game Loading Time

by jacqlinew

Original Post

Long Game Loading Time

★★★★ Novice

I have updated my mods and when I load a gamr whether its a new game or one of my saved games,Once i click on the location i want to go to i am stuck on the loading screen and the game never loads.

Message 1 of 6 (312 Views)

@Diva2690  As a test, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether the game works again.  As long as you don't save your progress, you don't have to worry about the effects of your missing mods and custom content.

If you still get stuck on the loading screen, quit Origin and clear its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then repair the game: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (295 Views)

★ Apprentice

when I moved the mods folder to the desktop the game loaded fine.What do you suggest I do now because I want to be able to play with my mods.

Message 3 of 6 (270 Views)

@jacqlinew  Use the 50/50 method to find broken mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 4 of 6 (260 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve done that I’m getting the same result.also it was another update so I updated my game.Previously when I got to the screen where I choose what location I want to visit my sims was dark but now they look hoe I made them but I’m still stuck on the loading screen.

Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)

@jacqlinew  If your game works fine with no mods but doesn't with mods, then the issue is one or more mods.  Since the 50/50 method didn't work, try playing with zero mods and make sure things work, then add a few mods at a time and keep testing.  Any time the game stops working properly, you'll know that one of the mods you just added is a problem, and you'll need to test until you figure out which one.

Message 6 of 6 (245 Views)