by mishka487

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I double click on the sims 4 icon it doesn't start instead I get the log in screen for Origin.  Why do I have to log into origin to play the sims 4? Isn't it possible to play without loging into the internet? I own the disk so shouldn't I be able to play it without logging in?

Message 1 of 4 (4,146 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Log in to play sims 4

Hero

You have to login into origin but you can do so in offline mode.

Origin is the drm EA is now using. You won't need the disc to play but you instead you now need Origin to start.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,446 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You have to login into origin but you can do so in offline mode.

Origin is the drm EA is now using. You won't need the disc to play but you instead you now need Origin to start.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (4,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that is because they need to know who u are logging in as 

Message 3 of 4 (3,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

maleriet

<removed>

Mishka487 wrote:

When I double click on the sims 4 icon it doesn't start instead I get the log in screen for Origin.  Why do I have to log into origin to play the sims 4? Isn't it possible to play without loging into the internet? I own the disk so shouldn't I be able to play it without logging in?

EDIT (crin): I'm unsure what that was you posted but never post personal info like passwords, serial codes or answers to security questions in public forums or you will be hacked quite easily.Info removed

Message 4 of 4 (3,495 Views)