Loft + Low Roof/ OR Low & Medium Walls = Bugged room/ No Pathway

by ItzSpiffy

Original Post

Loft + Low Roof/ OR Low & Medium Walls = Bugged room/ No Pathway

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

(No Mods) I am having a very weird problem with a loft in a house I am designing.  The problem is that the loft becomes bugged under certain parameters. The problem presents itself when I hover my cursor over the floor and click and I don't get any options like "Go Here" (no menu at all). When I select interactions with things on the floor, the sim cannot complete the interaction and receives the invalid pathway error.  I am able to "fix" the issue with a few different unsatisfactory workarounds:

1) The room works if I raise the roof level to at least the 3rd from the bottom, whereas I'd had it set the lowest setting for a flat/modern roof.  

2) Removing the roof altogether fixes the room and works as usual which also means that the room/loft works with a regular floor/room added above it.

4) The room works if I raise the wall height to the Tallest height, whereas I had it on the medium setting previously.

5) The room works if I convert it from a loft to a standard room by using the draw room tool. I can remove floor from the loft “room” again to create the open area, but if I change the dividing wall to a fence or a half wall, as one typically does when trying to create a loft, the room becomes bugged and my sim can no longer get to the floor.

6) The presence and placement of stairs don’t seem improve the situation in any way.

All this is to say that this 3rd story loft can only be used by my sims IF:

1) It has the Tallest walls OR a roof with a height no lower than 3 ticks from the lowest.

or

2) Get rid of the loft, create standard rooms and have no open air/loft area with this issue.

I’m not sure what this issue qualifies as because the circumstances to create it were quite odd, I haven’t been able to duplicate it on a fresh lot, but the problem exists even if I place this lot in a fresh save game.

Note: I removed all my customized roofs (seen in picture) to test this and confirmed that the problem is there with any part of the room that is covered by a low roof. I even moved the roof around and covered only certain areas to confirm that ONLY the floor/room directly below the roof becomes bugged.  I'm really bummed out that I will have to rework my design to something I will inevitably find less aesthetically pleasing to satisfy these really odd and seemingly arbitrary issues.

Message 1 of 1 (247 Views)