Localthumbcache question

by MasheenaSims

Original Post

Localthumbcache question

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm clearing out my cache files. Everything I look up says it's fine to delete the localthumbcache folder, which I did, but I have another one called localthumbcache-DESKTOP-and then some numbers/letters. I can't find anything about it online, but it's 81 MB and it's about a year old, so I want to get rid of it because it might be causing an issue I currently have. So, is it fine to delete that one also?

I have several files like that. For example, I have "config" but then I also have "config-desktop-numbers/letters." Same with notify.glob, options, clientDB, avatarcache, and user setting. Is it something to do with my backup folders, since I have those on my desktop?

Final question, the issue I'm trying to fix is that I deleted lots of poses but they still show up on my pose list in game, so I'm hoping this fixes it. They're not in onedrive either. If you're familiar with poses showing after deletion and it's not an issue with cache files, do you have any idea what it could be? Happy to post this in the CC/Mods section if I have to but my main question is about the thumbcache files

Thanks for any help!!

Message 1 of 2 (518 Views)

Re: Localthumbcache question

[ Edited ]

@MasheenaSims  Any files with DESKTOP-something in them are duplicates, likely downloaded by OneDrive at some point even if you're not using it now.  You can definitely delete them.

Do your poses still show up if you move the entire Mods folder to the desktop?  If not, then you know where to look for the leftover poses.  Once you've launched the game to create a new Mods folder, do any files aside from resource.cfg appear inside Mods?  If so, then OneDrive is probably still interfering.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (491 Views)