Loading times

by escapedpolarbear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading times

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of my Sims 3 worlds takes around 20 minutes to load. The loading times aren't bad until I select the world, then it's about 20 minutes of the loading screen. This world has quite a lot inside of it - §400000, 8 sims, a lot of skills and relationships, a big house etc. The loading time is nowhere near as bad for my other worlds which mostly have quite little. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading times

@escapedpolarbear  A long loading time for a complicated save is normal.  The way you address it is to make the active household less complicated.  Since you probably don't want to kick out half the sims, try emptying their inventories and decluttering their house as much as possible.

The other tips for game performance listed here can help as well, some more than others.  You don't need to do everything on the list; just pick the ones that don't mind doing and see whether they help.

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (527 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  A long loading time for a complicated save is normal.  The way you address it is to make the active household less complicated.  Since you probably don't want to kick out half the sims, try emptying their inventories and decluttering their house as much as possible.

The other tips for game performance listed here can help as well, some more than others.  You don't need to do everything on the list; just pick the ones that don't mind doing and see whether they help.

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. Actually I don't mind kicking some sims out XD.
Message 3 of 3 (509 Views)