Loading screen problems

by pikapig183

Original Post

Loading screen problems

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Get together Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to move a family into a lot the loading screen lasts forever
What happens when the bug occurs? Forever loading screen
What do you expect to see? I should be able to access gameplay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Okay so my game was working COMPLETELY fine until a few days ago. I had recently updated to the latest patch, then I started building on a lot for a new family. I saved my game and came back next day and I moved my family from the gallery to the lot, then that’s when I get a forever loading screen, the weird thing: it loads forever but when I move my mouse I see the icons as if it had stopped loading (The footsteps icon, the zoom in zoom out) it’s like the gameplay has started but the loading screen is “blocking” the view. The loading music still plays too. Now some info, I have a 64 bit laptop (I hope that’s the correct way to word it) and it does well with custom content, every now and then slow but fine. I thought maybe cc got outdated from the new patch but firstly it was fine when I was building with cc after update. But still I removed all my cc and tried again, same thing. I used a conflicting mod scanner to remove cc that was conflicting (I had some) but after removing and trying again, still nothing. So then I tried creating a new family for said lot. Nothing. Finally I gave up and I uninstalled sims and deleted the file so it would create a fresh one, I then started my game, created a new family and tried to move them on a lot and it still does it. I would just wait but I know it would take more than a few hours and I don’t wanna over heat my laptop. Is it my laptop? Is it unable to play the sims 4 smoothly? Is it a patch error? An origin or ea error? I honestly do not think it is my mods, I deleted outdated cc and nothing, I removed it completely and nothing. And fyi I am unable to get into live mode obviously so and solutions in that route is not gonna work. The only way I can exit is by hitting the windows button and resetting/shutting down my laptop. Please help and thank you so much for reading this, I know it was long but I’m trying to give out all info I can.
Message 1 of 10 (792 Views)

Re: Loading screen problems

Hero
What file did you delete to create a new one ? The Sims 4 user folder in documents ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (768 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes the whole sims 4 file (the one in electronic arts) document, I deleted it for my game to automatically make a new one when I reinstalled, I thought maybe I had a save error from that file, even with a new on it. Nothing.
Message 3 of 10 (751 Views)

Hero

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ? Reinstalling should not make that necessary but there have been stranger things happening. So just try that

If it doesn't help, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, i have tried repairing my game via Origin. nothing  ):

Message 5 of 10 (696 Views)

Hero
And the game ran without issue before ? Your graphics chip doesn't have any dedicated memory which usually leads to issues.

Might be that the game crashes now and the latest patch as put it over the edge.

Do you have any lastcrash.txt files in your documents folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it was perfectly fine, never any issues. no crashing, no errors. Sometimes a bit slow but my laptop was a used one so it gets slow sometimes but nothing ever compared to this. I do not have any Lastcrash.txt files in my docs. i do have a lastexception.txt and a lastUIexception.txt, for some reason it is not letting me attach them.

Message 7 of 10 (653 Views)

Hero
Is the lastexception file older or current ?

Can you delete those files and check if they are recreated again when you get the error ?

I'll be away for the next couple weeks so I hope that someone else can assist you further with this.

Tagging @roberta591

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (636 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pikapig183  I checked the Intel site for a video driver and Intel says it no longer supports the Intel HD Graphics 3000. I tried HP support but I need your computer's serial number to continue. The fact that there is no dedicated video memory and the all video memory is borrowed from main memory could be a problem. The cpu is weak and the minimum requirement is 128Mb of dedicated video memory. While the game may play with below minimum requirements, the game may stop working at anytime.

Message 9 of 10 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@roberta591  My serial number is 5CG2030QTF

Really hoping i dont need to buy another laptop, or a computer.

Message 10 of 10 (621 Views)