Loading screen noise but won't load

by Esther0Grace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading screen noise but won't load

★★ Novice

I open my Sims 4 and it loads all good. I open my world and everything is fine and it takes me to the manage worlds area. I select the Sim I always play as and when it loads I hear the music that you always hear when the loading is finished and you are in your sims world and everything is loaded. Except I hear the music and then the load screen goes on forever.

Message 1 of 7 (1,528 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading screen noise but won't load

Community Manager

Hey @Esther0Grace it's still worth testing with all mods removed to see if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,339 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Esther0Grace are you running any mods?

If so can you remove them all and then try the game again?

If not, can you grab me a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,523 Views)

@Esther0Grace  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Are all saves affected, or just this one?  Please try a new save just for comparison.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (1,491 Views)

★★ Novice

My laptop runs on Windows. All previous saves and new saves work. I use Custom Content of CAS items but not for furniture or for traits or any "hardcore" scripted mods. It is only this one save I have. I've had this save for like a year so I just want to fix it. If I can't fix it I'll probs just make a new world and try to duplicate the data I put in the previous. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,477 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I can play the game it's only this save that doesn't work. I use Custom Content but not "hardcore mods" I only use CC for CAS Items like clothing. Never traits, aspirations or furniture or and big mods.
Message 5 of 7 (1,476 Views)

@Esther0Grace  There are plenty of reasons a current save might not load, and often it's easiest to just revert to a backup version of that save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

If that makes you lose too much progress, you can try loading a different household within the same (original) save and playing it for a few sim-hours, then switching back to your original household.  But that doesn't always work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (1,456 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Esther0Grace it's still worth testing with all mods removed to see if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,340 Views)