Re: Loading Screen freeze Lot to Lot

by Sarahblue1twoo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Sid1701d9 .... per @BlackjackWidow 's suggestion... When eliminating the possibility of peripheral damage (no matter how small, it matters) that a Mod/CC may have made it is very important to properly remove (not just disable) the entire mods folder (save it on your desktop for later reference). The game will create a fresh mods folder when you restart. Plus, if you ever had even one Mod or CC in the past, no matter how briefly, that counts, as there could be damage that has remained after you removed it and it may be suddenly showing up at some point due to any number of other factors that change over time (patches/updates to the game or computer, new packs, etc.). It is also important that you follow her directions exactly (including removing the localthumbnailcache.package file and running the game repair for the game and all packs afterward) or if there is damage it may not get caught. Also, do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 13 (252 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi, all I I just decided to delete the sims 4 folder in the my_documents folder or documents folder after I saved it in a archieve folder on my desktop.  Anyways I started the sims game to get the folder back, and than I exited stuck my save in the save game folder and restarted the sims 4 game, the error is gone.

Message 12 of 13 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s happening to me too. 

Message 13 of 13 (209 Views)