by Sid1701d9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading screen freezing

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When game reaches 3,000MB game crashes with the loading screen going on forever and never gives a bug out message or what, I think its ancient 32bit coding that is causing that.
What happens when the bug occurs? loading screen just continues to load on and on and on and never ends.
What do you expect to see? Loading screen to load lot really fast.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The problem happened during previous patches, but I kind of fixed the problem by combining single sim households into groups. Game crashes on using 3 GB of memory, on a system that has 32GB of memory that that really seems strange to me.  What a waste in in new system resources that go unused in games that have to try to support 32bit operating systems.  I can't wait until all the 32 bit code is taken out so I can stop getting crashes at 3,000mb and I can use more resources to play my game.  I am very sad and disappointed that IL got through the 32bit, cut because EA wanted to make some extra cash.

Its hard on my game save to have to end task on games that are frozen at loading screens and can occasionally break a save.

New systems need support to higher memory and access to processor resources of at least 6 cores, the 32bit limits processor core access to one or 2 cores, which limits the amount of resources games can use on high end systems or mid high end systems.

Message 1 of 13 (1,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading Screen freeze Lot to Lot

★★★★ Guide

Hi, all I I just decided to delete the sims 4 folder in the my_documents folder or documents folder after I saved it in a archieve folder on my desktop.  Anyways I started the sims game to get the folder back, and than I exited stuck my save in the save game folder and restarted the sims 4 game, the error is gone.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,162 Views)

All Replies

Re: Loading screen freezing

Hero
@Sid1701d9 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict tech really, how can this be considered tech when my computer has above all the necessary specs to pass even the recommended specs, all the computers that come out now, still have to deal with certain games in the gaming industry slow process at moving forward. The sims 4 neighborhood's are a joke compared to other versions of the game, but still we must have smaller neighborhood's, to accommodate the computers that don't exist anymore. Sims 4 should have been before the Sims 3 and the Sims 3 could have benefitted from the 64 operating system and extra memory that the newer system can use.

This is one of the last simulation games that are using the older standards for gaming most of the other simulation community have actually have knowledge to know what kind of system to get to play the nitch game. Nothing wrong with making it have the ability to play on mainstream computers with the intergrated graphics chip, that is not the problem, the 32bit hard lock on save files so that the game freeze after using 3GB memory to set and wait for a memory error from the Operating system that will never come on the new systems. When memory gets to 3,000mb the game freezes at the loading screen waiting for a memory stop error from the systems operating system, but it never comes in 64 bit systems.
Message 3 of 13 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sid1701d9 I consider this an issue that needs troubleshooting and isnt' a game bug a such so all this issue go into tech.

I can also merge it with the simulation lag thread if you prefer.

I hope someone can assist you. Don't have the time right now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,100 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sid1701d9 

Why do not you just switch your game to 64 bit in Origin? There is this option and you should know it.

Message 5 of 13 (1,090 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Sid1701d9 - this sounds pretty frustrating. I want to be sure I understand the exact issue you're seeing. So, the game loads correctly (doesn't freeze), but when you go to load a household it freezes and never loads? Or does it load but take a long time?

And this has happened in the past after other patches, but was helped by combining single sims into households?

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
    • Move the entire Mods folder to your desktop (as a backup) Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
    • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
    • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any packs installed
    • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed.

If it works after the repair, then you can add back your mods & cc a few at a time, checking after each addition to make sure the game still works properly. For any that cause an issue, double-check with the creator to find any updated versions. 

If the issue still exists, please post a dxdiag so we can help you further. Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 13 (1,088 Views)

Loading Screen freeze Lot to Lot

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them that are released.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I seem to have hit the threshold of the memory limit of the game, which I think is completely pointless now with a computer that has 32GB of memory if the game reaches 3,510mb of memory the game freezes at loading screen and does not give no error. I don't understand why I can't play a game over 3GB without crashing or is that the limit of 64 bit applications. Or is this set for the fact old 32bit code is still there to prevent games from going over the 3GB limit for Windows 7 32 bit. I have gone so far since I last saved this crash stuff is the reason I don't play TS4 like I used too. Games need to reflect the time not decades of the past. Please hurry and remove this 32 bit stuff out of the game. In a system of 4GB or 4,096MB in binary at 3,072mb in binary you would have gotten a memory access violation from the system, but the newer systems don't issue memory access violation until 3/4 of the memory is in use by one program. I hope the 64 bit program isn't restricted to 4GB, that would be completely pointless. Its also the main reason TS3 failed reaching a soft limit at 2GB and a hard limit for 64 bit update at 3GB
What happens when the bug occurs? I already stated it the game freezes at loading screen going from lot to lot.
What do you expect to see? I hope to see a stable game that has fast loading screens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It was their in previous patches, but you could play the game a lot longer before the loading screen would free going from lot to lot.

Message 7 of 13 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@Sid1701d9 Merged with your earlier thread.

Please see the help suggestions you already got ealier.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI forgot I wrote one earlier, but you guys claim its a tech issue, and the only mod I ever used was the get to school mod that never really worked but for a period of maybe a day or 2 because every time I try to get it to work the game would either be patched or a pack would come out, even the updated one. However, still since I mostly disabled the mod, its not really the issue, because I don't think it was active long enough to cause trouble. My problem is when the sims game reaches 3,000mb the loading screen going from lot to lot just load forever and never move past that, I went down to the first floor to get a snack and back up to the 6th floor and the elevators take forever and the game was still stuck in the same location. This is a bug and not a technical issue, why it keeps getting put with the mod stuff I have no clue. It has absolutely nothing to do with Mods.

Here is my Dxdiag report

Message 9 of 13 (1,038 Views)

Champion

It's a technical issue because it only seems to be happening to you on your particular machine, and not a global bug that everybody is experiencing because of the game code.

I looked at my Task Manager right now and The Sims 4 is using 3699 MB of RAM and having no issues. I triggered a loading screen by making my sim travel from Oasis Springs to Magnolia Promenade and it only took 17 seconds and didn't crash the game or freeze. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit with 12 GB RAM and the Sims 4 64-bit client.

Is it just the game that froze up, or can you alt-tab back into Windows? Is the game still moving, does the animation on the loading screen still work and have a spinning plumbob and music? If the loading screen is still moving and there's still music it sounds more like save file corruption and you should try seeing if it happens in a fresh save file.

You can try a MemTest to test your RAM in case there are any faults - for example a stick of RAM might not be properly seated into the slot all the way. The system would seem fine until it went over a certain amount of RAM being used and then hits the faulty area.

Message 10 of 13 (1,008 Views)