Loading my household sends me to the world select screen?

by ItsSarahxo

Original Post

Loading my household sends me to the world select screen?

★ Novice

Hi there! So I took a hiatus from playing the Sims, and I recently was downloading and trying to update all my mods.

I tried to load my 100 Baby Challenge household, and it takes me to the world their house is in- and instead of loading when I click the play button, it takes me back to the world select screen with no error code.

I'm not sure if CC is responsible, as any other household I try to play does the same thing.

I tried to start a new game and move in a new Sim and it just loaded endlessly without ever finishing.

I have updated to the latest version, and I have all the packs except for Nifty Knitting and My First Pet Stuff.

Message 1 of 2 (675 Views)

Re: Loading my household sends me to the world select screen?

@ItsSarahxo  Try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't load a new save in the clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (643 Views)