Dot.: Loading issues: The Sims 4 + Origin

by kreatora

Original Post

Loading issues: The Sims 4 + Origin

★★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

Recently, I've experienced some loading issues with my The Sims 4 game and my Origin. 

When my game is loading, I see the usual logo's of Maxis and The Sims 4 and even the loading screen. But as soon as the screen switches to the home menu (the one with the list of your packs and in which you load or start a new game file), the screen minimizes itself. When I maximize it again, I only see a white screen. I can see the Sims 4 cursor and I even seem to be able to select things (I can hear a clicking sound) but I don't see anything. The screen stays white. In the beginning, restarting my game seems to solve the issue, but now that does'nt work either. I tried to repair my game through Origin, but even Origin doesn't work properly. I can select The Sims 4 in my recent played games, but the menu on the left  in which I can load my library doesn't show up. I only see light grey boxes. 

I've recently changed my settings in-game and changed it from full screen to windowed mode. I don't know if that's maybe the problem. I've been playing The Sims 4 for over a year and I haven't experienced any major issues with the game. But it's pretty annoying I can't play it anymore.

I have no mods or custom content installed, by the way.

I hope somebody can help me with this! Standard smile 

P.S. I've added some screen shots of the problem.

Message 1 of 4 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BrentVD98 

1. Check on the website of the graphics card manufacturer if your video card's drivers are up to date.

2. Check if your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

3. To check that it isn't a problem with your game folder you need to rename The Sims4 game folder in Documents to The Sims4old. 

Next, fix the game in Origin and try to run the game. You can always bring back an old name so you will lose nothing.

To fix the game in Origin - go to Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

4. If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (917 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply.

Step 1 and 2 didn't seem to work. Origin repair neither. In the meanwhile, I browsed for other possible solutions: clearing my cache made the game work for a while and everything was normal. I tested CAS and Build Mode in a new save, but when I tried to start it the next time, I got the same problem again.

After I'd checked off the option "Run Origin in-game", my game loaded as usual, but then I encoutered another problem. When I loaded that save file, the game acted like it was a new one: I had to select a season and a lot for my family to move in to. But I had no family. So, instead of the family picture a blue square appeared with 0§ underneath. I wasn't able to buy a lot, even with freerealestate on. I checked another save file from before the technical issues and I got the same problem.

Then I tried step 3. And seemed to work. A new folder was automatically generated, everything was normal and when I restarted the game I had none of these issues. So, I supposed that my original game file is corrupted? I have the old folder still on my laptop and I really want to put my old saves back into the new one, but I'm afraid that my game will be corrupted again...

Is there a way to restore these files without any corruption? 

Message 3 of 4 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BrentVD98

You can try to delete the new saves folder from the new game folder and paste the old folder there. But there is no guarantee that it will work. However, you will not spoil anything because of such an attempt. If this does not work, you will have to delete the old folder and start a new game.

The game will create the missing folder each time you switch it on.
If you have any mods you need to know that this problem could have been caused by the outdated mod or CC. You must be very careful if you want to paste your old mods into a new game folder. Paste them one by one and check every time if the game works.

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (854 Views)