by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs except for seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It shows the plumbob loading screen for about 5 mins and then brings me back to the choose a world menu, so I tried choosing another household but did the same thing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my household or lot the way I saved it or left when I was previously playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the new gardening themed update released today and when I loaded my game up the problem occurred.

Hi, I just downloaded the new update you guys released for the Sims 4 in preparation for Sims 4 seasons and when I went into my game, I choose my world that build in and when I choose the lot all the furniture was missing, the doors and windows were gone and there were no bushed, trees or flowers. I restarted my game and tried it again only to get the same results, so I choose a different lot to see if it was just the house and I needed to remake it but the new lot that I choose was experiencing the same thing. I then choose a new save file that I used to play in and when I choose my household it didn't load up at all. It showed the loading screen for about 5 mins and then took my to the choose a world menu. I tried again and like before got the same results. I restarted my game in between all of this as well as reload origin and restart my computer. None of this sadly has done anything.

Message 1 of 7 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading issue

Hero

Hi @lilwizard2020 @Paluxy_Flamina @AngelinaB1041

A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Moved this to the tech forum for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (359 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
hey, remove your Mods folder and try again.
Message 2 of 7 (428 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey the same thing happened to me! I went through my CC and used the Tray thing to clear out the bad CC but nothings working. I reinstalled Origin as well and nothings worked so far.
Message 3 of 7 (415 Views)

★ Novice

I got the same problem ......... can't load a household .

Message 4 of 7 (380 Views)

★ Novice
Hi unseenlarks , I have deactivate the Mods folder and it work , but without mods is the game for me not the same almost boring .... Frown .

What must I do to play the game with mods again ?
Message 5 of 7 (370 Views)

★★ Expert
you can try adding them one by one until you find the one that's causing problems!
Message 6 of 7 (347 Views)

Hero

Hi @lilwizard2020 @Paluxy_Flamina @AngelinaB1041

A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Moved this to the tech forum for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (360 Views)