Loading Sims 4 from external hard drive?

by danimalgrk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading Sims 4 from external hard drive?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there. I have an external hard drive that I successfully downloaded the Sims 4 down on and I have successfully played it several times on the external drive, but now, for some reason, it tells me that I have not downloaded the game (I can see the data is still there when I open file explorer). I have tried going through the file explorer to open the game, no luck. I also tried moving the usb ports, but that has also not worked. Any other suggestions?

(Windows 10)

Message 1 of 6 (4,321 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading Sims 4 from external hard drive?

I don't know what your settings are set to? Are they also pointing to the G:\ drive?
Did you take out the external drive? If you did, let Origin download the game again, it should find the files and installing should be done in a couple of minutes. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,779 Views)

All Replies

Is Origin still pointing to the external drive? Origin > Application settings > Installs & saves. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (4,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I moved it to the external hard drive after you mentioned that, but still no luck. Do these settings look correct to you? G:\ is my external hard drive the sims 4 is saved to.

Message 3 of 6 (4,304 Views)

I don't know what your settings are set to? Are they also pointing to the G:\ drive?
Did you take out the external drive? If you did, let Origin download the game again, it should find the files and installing should be done in a couple of minutes. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (4,780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you!!
Message 5 of 6 (4,297 Views)

I see you added a picture, if the files are on G:/ it should be set on the same drive. Just make sure to use the same folder as it's currently on. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 6 (4,296 Views)