Re: Loading Saved Game Leads Me to Game Setup

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Loading Saved Game Leads Me to Game Setup

★★★★ Novice

Err, is this even a glitch? I don’t know.

So, every time I try to load a save game it opens up in edit town with “return to game set up” as if I am starting a new game.

It happens with my backup saves, and it happens with saves that I have downloaded to check to see if my files were just corrected.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have cleared for corrupted and bad CC. I have removed all mods and loaded a vanilla save. I have cleaned my registers—just about everything.

It’s still happening. I honestly don’t understand what’s going on. I’ve googled to see if anyone else had this problem and the only person that seemed to have something similar simply cleared caches and her problem went away.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone know how I can get to the root of it?

Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Re: Loading Saved Game Leads Me to Game Setup

@CaliTenday  Please try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a new folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet.  Just start a new save, play it for a bit, save, quit, reload, and see whether the same thing happens.

By the way, you'll land in the tutorial again, but you can exit it by clicking the three dots in the lower left corner of your screen and selecting Edit Town, which will prompt the game to ask whether you really want to do it.  Say yes, then click Return to Game Setup at the top of the screen to go back to the normal interface for starting a new save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)