Re: Load Game and Dialogue Buttons Not Working

by kreatora

Original Post

Load Game and Dialogue Buttons Not Working

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Island Living, Vampires, Dine Out, Movie Hangout Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Load Game button on the main screen doesn't work. I can see it, but my mouse doesn't change for me to click on it. I know I still have saved games because I saw them when I went to Save As. I can only play my latest game by clicking on the big arrow. This also happens with some of the sim interaction options. When I click on a sim to get my sim to talk to them, some of the options randomly won't be clickable. Which ones is completely random and varies. Sometimes I can click off the sim, move the camera a little bit and then when I try again the option I want will be clickable again.
What do you expect to see? The mouse arrow turn into a hand so I can click on the Load Game or dialogue options and for the game to do something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been happening since I installed Island Living. It may coincide with a recent update with free items/features as I think I bought Island Living around the same time and it had been a little while since I had played.

This is extremely frustrating! I have tried updating the game and repairing it and it did nothing. This problem started after I had shut off custom content and mods.

Also, the loading screen takes FOREVER when I first open the game, way longer than it used it. Since the new loading screen.

Message 1 of 2 (285 Views)

Re: Load Game and Dialogue Buttons Not Working

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gaiag33k

1. It is for load button problem

Change the resolution settings of the screen in the game option. Part of your screen is inactive for the cursor just where the Load Button is.
Try the highest first and check if your Load Button is alive

2. For long-time loading

Removing mods is not enough

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name- important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (249 Views)