Load Error. Sims season with out purchasing it?

by LovelyemoKids

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Load Error. Sims season with out purchasing it?

★★★ Novice

So recently my sims 4 game was updated. I thought nothing of it and once it was done updating I loaded my game. 

When I loaded my game and clicked new game I quickly realized a few... glitches? I am a CC user. And I came to notice my CC skin Colors had red X's on them but they worked fine. All my cc I had before the update worked. I hadnt downloaded any new cc after playing last time (before the update.) Durring that time my game was working just fine.

(Aka I did not mess with any files and last time I played it was working just fine so I know its not a CC thing)

I also noticed a few new things in my create a sims stuff. It added Warm wear and cold wear. (Which is part of the seasons expantion pack.) But I did not purchase the expantion so im a little confused about that. And im sure it didnt add anything else other then tose two categories.

But after the update when I went to load my new sim into a world it brought me to the part where you select a home/lot. I selected on and then it brought me to a screen that said "load Error."

(I dont not remeber what load error code it was.)

But it told me to restart my game and I did. But after loadimg my game again and sellecting a home it is stuck on the load screen. 

My game will let me use create a sim but wont let me go any further.

Did I get a glitched update? 

And why do I have seasons stuff when I didnt purchuse it?

Message 1 of 6 (536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Load Error. Sims season with out purchasing it?

Hero

The clothing categories are for everyone, it's not tied to seasons.

Also a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and need updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then works.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (608 Views)

All Replies

Hero

The clothing categories are for everyone, it's not tied to seasons.

Also a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and need updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then works.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (609 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried that and am still having issues. Frown

Message 3 of 6 (515 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

I re-did what you told me to do the first time thank you so much, my friend and I were having the same issues and I was having a mental break down trying to fix it. 

so yeah thank you!!!!

Message 5 of 6 (497 Views)

Hero

Hi @LovelyemoKids

I'm a bit unsure if your issue is fixed now ? Or do you require further help ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)