Re: Linking Origin-Steam account

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking Origin-Steam account

★ Apprentice

So....I linked my steam account to origin account to re-download the DLC Packs, then I unlinked it and linked to my own origin account with steam sims 4 base game and it appears that doesn't seem to work at all, and it's just not really fair honestly. Only my saves shows up yes, but DLC packs don't show up in-game at all.

I even followed the Sims 4 Guide "New guide on how to use Origin DLC with the Steam Version of Sims 4"  I copied the Origin folder to Steam folder, and it doesn't work at all.

I honestly think it's not fair, because those DLC packs I've spent on and I really wish not to re-purchase all of the DLC packs again. 

Message 1 of 11 (3,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

@fireadore  If your Steam account isn't linked to an Origin account that owns the Sims 4 packs you want to play with, you won't be able to use them.  That seems entirely fair.  Steam needs to know that you own those packs before it will let you play with them.  Otherwise, any number of people could go around linking their Steam accounts to one Origin account that owns all Sims 4 packs, then unlinking and letting the next person link the same Origin account.

If your Steam account is linked to the Origin account where you own Sims 4 content, you'll be able to play with that content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,034 Views)

All Replies

@fireadore  If your Steam account isn't linked to an Origin account that owns the Sims 4 packs you want to play with, you won't be able to use them.  That seems entirely fair.  Steam needs to know that you own those packs before it will let you play with them.  Otherwise, any number of people could go around linking their Steam accounts to one Origin account that owns all Sims 4 packs, then unlinking and letting the next person link the same Origin account.

If your Steam account is linked to the Origin account where you own Sims 4 content, you'll be able to play with that content.

Message 2 of 11 (3,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you accidently linked a steam account with Origin not of your own.  Now it showing the other persons account. How do you separate the two? Any help would be awesome.

Message 3 of 11 (2,851 Views)

@DowntownDavyB  You'll need to contact EA customer support, or maybe Steam support, to get it fixed.  Apparently people have gone through each one and been told to try the other instead.  EA support would be the better option if you did own your Origin account, but I'm not sure that EA can do anything if you don't have access to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

In any event, this should be fixable; you just need to find someone who knows how to do it.

Message 4 of 11 (2,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict How do I link my steam account to my origin account? I've tried loads of ways and none have worked. Can I have some suggestions please?
Message 5 of 11 (2,224 Views)

@MillieMP  Is the process erroring out, or do you not know how to make it happen in the first place?  If you're getting an error, please post a screenshot.  If you don't know where to start, you need to buy an EA game in Steam that requires account linkage (like Sims 4), then download and launch that game.

Message 6 of 11 (2,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict I think I have added the screenshot of the error, whenever I start up the origin game it comes up with that error but it's just the game run with Origin. No other steam game gives me the same error so I was thinking maybe I need to link the accounts but I think I've done that and yet it still keeps happening.

Message 7 of 11 (2,190 Views)

@MillieMP  Please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If that doesn't help, you can uninstall and reinstall Steam instead, but please keep in mind that depending on where you've installed your Steam games, uninstalling the client may uninstall the games as well.

Message 8 of 11 (2,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!! That fixed it
Message 9 of 11 (2,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

k yea i did that and still wont let me play ;/

Message 10 of 11 (1,436 Views)