Library

by LilLex2022

Original Post

Library

★★★★ Novice

So I downloaded one drive on my computer but it was creating duplicates of everything and besides one save being gone my sims game is fine, I made back ups but my sims 4 library is really messed up for some reason it created duplicates of things in my library and I tried to delete one and now I can't even access the item in general at all I did not even touch my tray files as I never do and now for some reason I can't even access this one item which was a house I saved in my library a long time ago.

Message 1 of 2 (271 Views)

Re: Library

@LilLex2022  Did you delete the Library item while in-game?  If so, that would outright delete the associated Tray files.  Then the next time OneDrive synced, which could have been while you were still playing, it might have noticed the missing files and deleted them from cloud storage too.

The only thing I can suggest here is that you look for any files in Tray that are named like duplicates but do NOT have corresponding original files.  These might be the duplicates from this missing Library item, and if so, you could change their names back to the format the game can read and see whether they show up.  If you're not sure what you're looking at, feel free to post screenshots of your Tray folder, but I do need to see everything.  Please use Windows key-shift-S to take the screenshots so they don't end up too blurry to read.

I'd also suggest either getting rid of OneDrive or setting it to not automatically sync the contents of Documents.  But it's best to sort through your Tray files first and also to make a backup before changing any OneDrive settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)