Re: Legacy edition automatically downloaded but i can still play with university

by bubbles140896

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legacy edition automatically downloaded but i can still play with university

★★★ Novice

I'm confused as it seems that my origin has downloaded the legacy edition but I can still play with the new patch and university pack. How? Only just noticed it today (18th November 2019)

Message 1 of 4 (766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Legacy edition automatically downloaded but i can still play with university

@bubbles140896  You may have downloaded the Legacy Edition, but that doesn't mean that you're running it.  In Windows, you can tell Origin to launch the game in either 32- or 64-bit.  Open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and make sure 64-bit is listed in the dropdown menu.

The TS4.exe you're highlighting has always been in the game's program files, but so has TS4_x64.exe, which is what runs Sims 4 in 64-bit.  When you have both versions downloaded in Windows, you'll have a Bin folder and a Bin_LE folder inside the game files.  The Bin folder should have TS4_x64.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (750 Views)

All Replies

@bubbles140896  You may have downloaded the Legacy Edition, but that doesn't mean that you're running it.  In Windows, you can tell Origin to launch the game in either 32- or 64-bit.  Open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and make sure 64-bit is listed in the dropdown menu.

The TS4.exe you're highlighting has always been in the game's program files, but so has TS4_x64.exe, which is what runs Sims 4 in 64-bit.  When you have both versions downloaded in Windows, you'll have a Bin folder and a Bin_LE folder inside the game files.  The Bin folder should have TS4_x64.exe.

Message 2 of 4 (751 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh yes. I can see in the advanced settings it does have both 32 and 64bit and the 64bit is selected to run when starting up. So is my game fine then as long as the 64bit is always selected 

Message 3 of 4 (743 Views)

@bubbles140896  Yes, your game is fine.  You're not the only one who's downloaded the Legacy Edition on a computer that doesn't need it, and everyone else I know of has been able to play in 64-bit by using the Origin setting, with no problems related to the LE.

Message 4 of 4 (733 Views)