Legacy Edition - mods not working

by xxnic1989xx

Original Post

Legacy Edition - mods not working

★★★ Newbie

I was forced to change to the legacy edition last year (which is fine), but my game still forces me to update, even though legacy isn't meant to be included in updates?

Since this latest update (Nov 2020), my game won't load my mods at all. It is constantly asking me to re-enable my mods whenever I reload the game.

I have removed all script mods from my mods folder and just about to start slowly putting my mods back into the game but thought I'd ask here first what the issue is with my game needing to be updated despite having legacy?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (1,403 Views)

Re: Legacy Edition - mods not working

Community Manager
@xxnic1989xx Wanted to confirm is Sims show its updating each time you try to play on Origin or is it every so often? For your mods do the settings get turned off after each gameplay session?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium It's every so often, as and when a new update is released by EA. I've switched off automatic updating to try and prevent it but I can't play the game until it updates.

The mods get turned off after every update and when I've gone into game, switched it back on and restarted, it has switched them off again.
Message 3 of 6 (1,386 Views)

Hero
@xxnic1989xx Try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn’t help, sorry. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,361 Views)

Hero
@xxnic1989xx What security software are you using ?

Do other options stick ?

As an alternative, try trashing the options.ini file in your doc folder. You will need to reset all settings once but hopefully it sticks then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,358 Views)