Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Launcher won't work

by abbyhdogs9

Original Post

Launcher won't work

★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so when I go on the sims 3 launcher it says "Navigation to webpage was cancelled." or "You are offline" when I am clearly online. Then when I try to login on the launch it will just glitch and not login. When I press the play button it says "This game needs access to the internet." When I am connected to my internet.

Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: Launcher won't work

Community Manager

@abbyhdogs9

Can you try setting another browser as your default browser and let us know if that helps you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 4 (131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I changed my browser to Google, but nothing different happened. Just the same things as I said before. I ran the troubleshooting report on my game and it said the game is incompatible..

Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@abbyhdogs9 are you updated to 1.67? To check, open the game launcher and look in the left hand corner. The digits there should read 1.67 - if they don't, download the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help