Launcher won't log in. Invalid email/password

by SethWolfbaine

Original Post

Launcher won't log in. Invalid email/password

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I bought several items on the store today (about 1000 points worth) and went to log in to install them.

First the launcher kept asking me to log in when I was already logged in (literally every time I filled in my details it would pop up again asking me to fill it in once more). So, I changed my password for Origin and EA.

Cleared cache and cookies in Chrome and restarted my pc and it seemed to fix the constant log in screen. However, now it says my details are incorrect, despite the fact I have the new password written next to me.

The website works fine.

Went on the website to manually download things to my game and now I can't log in or play my game at all??

I've tried clearing cache n cookies, restarting my pc , verifying game cache and changed my password 3 times for Origin AND EA. Yet I am still getting "invalid password" ect.

It was working fine yesterday, but today isn't. What on earth is going on?

Posted a tweet: https://twitter.com/SethWolfbaine/status/816329915670925313

Would REALLY appreciate a fix, as I can't play my game at all now.

I do not use IE

- Edit: I've deleted the file in documents\electronicarts\thesims3\downloads that has your email address as the file name and deleted IE cache & tried to log in and it didn't work.

I've tried the solutions featured here: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Invalid-email-password-error/m-p/1989371#M100216 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Issue-logging-into-Sims3-Launcher/m-p/5411860/highlight/false#M2... with no luck.

Message 1 of 18 (2,923 Views)

Re: Launcher won't log in. Invalid email/password

Hero (Retired)

@SethWolfbaine You have to delete the browsing history in IE (Internet Explorer). The game uses IE to communicate. If the web site is restarted the stored cookie becomes invalid and the web site can not create a new one while a valid cookie is stored or expires. Again you have to delete browsing history in Windows Internet Explorer (IE). You do not have to clear any cache or delete any files. Clearing the cookies in Chrome will not fix this issue. If you are getting an invalid password, the password has changed because of you multiple times changing it or you still have not cleared the cookie in IE. If you have Windows 10 in the box ask me anything just type IE 11 and you will be able to open Internet Explorer and not Edge.

Message 2 of 18 (2,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have already cleared them in IE, as mentioned above

Message 3 of 18 (2,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having this problem too. I have an idea about what may have caused it. Yesterday i was playing my game and then my computer suddenly shut off because my cat walked on the power button.

I turned it back on, and opened up my launcher to start up my game again. The Welcome screen was blank and I couldn't sign in from the Downloads, Installed Content, or Uploads pages. I've opened the game and attempted signing in in various ways. I have store content that I want to download, but I can't because the launcher is working like it's supposed to!

I don't use IE and have tried everything suggested in other threads. Nothing works. 

Message 4 of 18 (2,827 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SethWolfbaine First it doesn't matter what browser YOU use, the game uses IE. Whenever you enter thesims3.com site and then enter the store you HAVE to re login. When you change your password the process is complicated as far as the EA computer system are concerned and it may time some time to complete this action. I would recommend that if changing your password word once did not fix the problem then changing it again most likely will not fix the problem. At this point it is hard to tell what data the site will acknowledge. At this point I  recommend you contact EA customer service as they can research the issue - link - EA customer service

Message 5 of 18 (2,818 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Aquaswan When you force shut down your computer any open file that is not closed properly could become corrupt. Many times this does not effect the computer and the computer will restart normally but... The game does not seem to be connecting across the internet. You may not use IE but the game does. First try to delete the browsing history in IE. This will delete the cookie and allow a new cookie to be created. If that does work try open Origin, right click the game icon, click repair game. Can you access the internet from that computer now (since kitty)?

Message 6 of 18 (2,813 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the help, It's working now. ^^

Message 7 of 18 (2,805 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having this same issue however IE isn't even on my computer. Are you telling me I have to install IE to clear things that aren't even there? Makes no sense. I've done exactly what you've said on both chrome and edge those are what's on my computer. No luck

Message 8 of 18 (2,023 Views)

@Allana93Rose  If you have Windows 10, you have Internet Explorer in there somewhere, even if you've never used it.  So yes, please try clearing its cache.

If that doesn't help, try changing your password to something that contains only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.  The launcher seems to not like & and ! in particular, but other symbols may also be a problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 18 (2,007 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I do have Windows 10 however there is 0 trace of internet explorer on my PC. I've looked everywhere and nothing. The only two browsers I have are chrome and edge
Message 10 of 18 (1,996 Views)