Re: Launcher won't log in. Invalid email/password

by SlTHtrash

Original Post

@Allana93Rose  If you click Windows key-R, enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes, and click "Turn Windows features on or off," is the box next to Internet Explorer checked?  I'm not suggesting you need to reinstall it if it's gone, just saying that if it's already somewhere on your computer, you'll see it here.

If you really don't have IE, and clearing everything from both your other browsers didn't help, try changing your password, as described.

If that doesn't help either, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete the file labeled [your email].bin, then clear the browser caches again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (1,061 Views)

★ Novice

On a Mac, having same issue where I can log into website and Origin, but the launcher changes my email to "null" and says please enter a valid email address (it's definitely valid and works on the ea website and origin). I tried clearing browser history in both Chrome and Safari (I guess the mac equivalent of IE), but no luck. I uninstalled / reinstalled, and same issue. Any idea what it default uses on a Mac anyone? Mac 10.15 Catalina - 64 bit Sims 3 game.

Message 12 of 18 (977 Views)

@ACMParks  I believe the launcher uses either Safari or whatever the default browser is on your computer.  Do you use any software that purports to clean temp files?  Have you set your browser(s) to block cookies or certain kinds of trackers?  In either case, the launcher might not be able to write to the location where it stores its data, or perhaps it can't even use the browser to validate your email address.

A (sort of) simple test would be to create a new admin account on your Mac and try signing into the launcher there.  The new account should come with default user settings, although you might still need to temporarily disable any cleaner apps you normally run.

Message 13 of 18 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks. 

Message 14 of 18 (839 Views)

@willvandy21  Have you tried changing your password to something with only letters and numbers, and clearing the cache for Internet Explorer?  Even if you don't use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Message 15 of 18 (829 Views)

★ Novice
@ACMParks I also have the same problem.
Message 16 of 18 (684 Views)

@AdmeteSim  Did you try the suggestions earlier in this thread?

Message 17 of 18 (663 Views)

★★ Novice

What has worked for me is changing my password to something without a special character (!@#$%^&*)

I logged in with my new password that had only letters and numbers and I was able to login in-game once more. Hopefully this helps someone!

Message 18 of 18 (469 Views)