Launcher downloading 80 copies of everything

by guest65646

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Launcher downloading 80 copies of everything

★ Novice

I have a slow internet connection and the launcher is trying to download everything over and over. There is no list of pending downloads, so I'm about ready to give up. What gives with the launcher?

Message 1 of 5 (271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Launcher downloading 80 copies of everything

Hero (Retired)

@guest65646 perhaps try a factory reset ( http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714 ) and then try download the respective items before you put your saves and other things back

@rumbutter any other ideas? I think something's corrupted, but I'm not sure

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@guest65646 what is it downloading? The game update or somethhing else? 

Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)

★ Novice

It is downloading items from the store. I had the page download all, but it didn't work, and it told me to try to use IE or Firefox (was using Chrome), so I tried IE, and got the same result (didn't work). Lastly tried Firefox, and it started working, but then I noticed it was downloading things multiple times, and there didn't seem to be a way to stop it.

Message 3 of 5 (232 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@guest65646 perhaps try a factory reset ( http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714 ) and then try download the respective items before you put your saves and other things back

@rumbutter any other ideas? I think something's corrupted, but I'm not sure

Message 4 of 5 (208 Views)

★ Novice

It looks like that mostly worked, at least in getting the downloads to finish, although it looks like there's duplicate downloads in the Downloads folder. Could be that one of the browsers goofed.

Thanks for the help, though!

Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)