Launcher asking me to update software while origin saying the game is up-to-date

by Lostangele7

Original Post

Launcher asking me to update software while origin saying the game is up-to-date

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

So I'm trying to reinstall all the items I have purchased on the sims 3 websites. When I go to installed them, the game says that the installation has failed because I need to upgrade my game software to the latest one. But when I click on upgrade on Origin it tells me that my game is up-to-date. So what the Tea? 

Message 1 of 4 (413 Views)

Re: Launcher asking me to update software while origin saying the game is up-to-

@Lostangele7  You shouldn't need any updates—an Origin install is already up to date, and the store content patches are supposed to be part of the program files.  You can try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, try downloading into a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, open the launcher to spawn a new one, and download one item into that folder.  Let me know whether it works.

If you get the same error, please link me a few items you're trying to install, so I can test myself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

Re: Launcher asking me to update software while origin saying the game is up-to-

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Didn't work still asking me to upgrade my software.
Message 3 of 4 (357 Views)

@Lostangele7  Please take a screenshot of the error, with the entire launcher showing in tha background, and attach it to a post.

And again, please link me a few items that won't download, so I can check them out myself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)