Launcher Script Error

by Maggiecool18

Original Post

Launcher Script Error

★★★ Novice

Hi. I've just installed Sims 3 on my laptop a week ago after wanting to play it again for a while now. However soon after that I've been getting script errors shortly after opening the launcher. I wish I can finally get rid of this and play it again. 

Whenever I get it, it always says:

Line: 627
Error: Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference

I hope that's an accurate translation since it's in a different language (but the error message was in english even though nothing else was)

Message 1 of 7 (566 Views)

Re: Launcher Script Error

@Maggiecool18  I've never seen that error before.  Can you post a screenshot?  It's fine if it's in another language; I just want to see it.  Have you added any mods or custom content?  Have you been able to play at all?  If so, please go into Documents\Electronic Arts and drag the Sims 3 folder onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Let me know whether the error shows up again; please test a few times.

Please also let me know what kind of install this is: disc, Origin, Steam, some other digital download.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, sure I can post it, but all the almost all the information in the sims 3 folder has been acidentally deleted by my stupidity. So ... here is the screenshot you asked for.

Attachment

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

@Maggiecool18  Thanks for the screenshot.  I still don't recognize it, but someone else I asked suggested it might be an antivirus/firewall blocking the launcher or something the launcher is doing.

It might still help to remove your Sims 3 folder from Documents\EA.  At the very least, that would tell us whether the error stems from the launcher initially trying to download something, or from the launcher trying to upload information (which it does, and fails at, on installs that are not Origin-controlled).  Since the files to be uploaded are removed along with the rest of the folder, the error wouldn't appear the next time you launched the game, but they would the time after that.

Message 4 of 7 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have no idea what I've done to make it go away but I did. However there's still a problem not being able to surpass the launcher. I can't even open the game on it's own by bypassing the launcher. I click on the play button. It loads for 30 seconds and always comes with this 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/51221i3E64BC368A6B78DA?v=1.0

and I don't know what to do anymore. I swear the Sims 3 is like modern medicine. You solve one problem and 10 other problems appear.

Message 5 of 7 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Maggiecool18  What kind of install is this?  (Origin, Steam, disc, some other digital download)  That license server error is usually associated with the Mac version of the game, and although it's solvable in macOS, fixing it would require a slightly different approach in Windows, depending on how the game is installed.

Message 6 of 7 (467 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Maggiecool18   At the very least this game has to activated the first time it is played. This requires an Origin account and an internet connection. It looks like your game is patched to version 1.67. Once you register your game in Origin, Origin will patch the game to version 1.69 and the next time you start the game it should activate.

Message 7 of 7 (456 Views)