Last update caused issues with Toddlers

by kageoukami

Original Post

Last update caused issues with Toddlers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I have a toddler I am trying to age up, which I aged one up prior to the last update but now it is almost like the game doesn't recognise the toddler properly. I can pick him up, but if I get the adult to click on the cake no blow out candles or help blow out candles option. If I select the child as the active sim and select the cake I get the option to ask for help blowing out candles. I select that option but no matter which adult and which bench it is on, the adult simply picks him up and puts him down. I read on another log that someone worked around this by going to a restaurant and ordering a cake, so I decided to give this a try. I ask a sim to travel, sort by family and my toddler is not on the list of sims that can travel. I removed the few mods I had to fix issues in games and tried all of this again to no avail.  I don not have any customer content and I am using a gaming computer. and have no issues running the game or functions in general. just with the toddler.Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Message 1 of 5 (473 Views)

Re: Last update caused issues with Toddlers

Hero (Retired)
@kageoukami

Are you using MCC mod? If you set on this toddler "no age" with for example MCC, first you have to change it to normal.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (460 Views)

Champion
@kageoukami Who are the toddlers parents? When the toddler is not related to any of the other sims in your household your sims cannot take him/her to travel with you. The kid needs to have a carer with him.
It could also be that the birthday cake is not properly placed on the table. Please try to put the cake a little closer to the edge. It might help.
Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 5 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@kageoukami

I forget to add. Change the table. Take one, not to the big table from base game tables. The cake sometimes doesn't work on so long table like this one in the picture.
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No, I installed the MCC mod once and as soon as I loaded the game I noticed it caused issues so I deleted it and have not used it for a long time. he lives with both his parents and the benches (I created every cake in game to try and get one to work, I can celebrate on all of them. I noticed that every two days instead of getting older he gets 2 days younger. As in instead of 34 days to age up it will be 36 days to age up. and he has a huge black cloud through the middle of him that drags when it moves. his parent are vampires so assumed that is where the cloud came from. the lady holding him in the photo is his mother. I ended up cheating to age him up using Cas and and the same getting younger each day issue is happening and he still can not travel. I actually made that table. it isn't a big one is is made from lots and lots of small tables. as all the big tables in games are glitched. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)