Re: Last name changes to Hong when character travels to China, Help!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Last name changes to Hong when character travels to China, Help!

★★ Novice

Hi,

What is happening is when the character travels to China the game keeps changing the family name to Hong!  I don't want my characters name to be Hong.  Not married to anyone named Hong, don't know why this happens.  Is there a way to fix this?  I was lucky enough to save the game before the trip and as a different game after to see if the name would change back when they returned from the trip, but it didn't.   Please help.

Thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 7 (1,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I have never heard of this issue. There have been problems where Sims suddenly are married to a Sim in China but not a random name change.

You can change the name back on the city hall though. I might be a pain to having to do that every time but it's better than to be called Hong forever.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,526 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I have never heard of this issue. There have been problems where Sims suddenly are married to a Sim in China but not a random name change.

You can change the name back on the city hall though. I might be a pain to having to do that every time but it's better than to be called Hong forever.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,527 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

At first the name change option did not show up on the city hall tab.  But after playing awhile I checked back and the option was there.  The tabs to change name are separate for first and last which was good because it fooled me at first.  So thanks this helped a lot.

Mike

Message 3 of 7 (1,406 Views)

★ Novice

Here's an easy way. Type in this cheat: testingcheatsenabled true. Then hold shift and click your sim; go into CAS from there and change their names.

Message 4 of 7 (1,399 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks I will give this way a try if it changes back again.

Mike

Message 5 of 7 (1,393 Views)

Hero

The options doesn't show all day. I think it's only during 'business' hours

Thanks for accepting a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,390 Views)

★ Novice

Oh no...I'm having the same problem. My Sim has travelled to all three destinations but on her last trip to Shang Simla her surname changed to "Ruelle".

She's going to be doing a lot more travelling so I'm sad to hear it's going to keep happening. I guess I may as well leave it as is then, but thanks for sharing the fix.

Message 7 of 7 (943 Views)