Re: Last Update wont let me use My Mods!!

by BlueBlack007

Original Post

Last Update wont let me use My Mods!!

★★★★ Novice

In Order for me to start the game, I had to take out all My Mods again for the 4th time, and when i try to add them again, the game wont start, Why is EA making it so we cant use our Mods??? , I go looking for Mods, cause we can only find  Awesome Stuff like Wings and such out of the game Not in the game, If EA dont want us using Mods, then add good stuff in the game, I like to make Fairies and Vamps and werewolves and such, cant find anything like that in game to make them, like claws and such, so I am saying this> I WANT MY MODS BACK!!!!!!! . ty.

Message 1 of 8 (1,531 Views)

Hero

You need to update them. A lot has been broken by the patch.

Refer to this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Patch-3-26-and-custom-content-Endless-loading-and-Startup/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cant update them if they are ones i got from friends and such, they are the ones who have to fix them, so until then , i am stuck without my Wings and claws and fangs and such, until they are fixed, sometimes i just hate this game.

Message 3 of 8 (1,514 Views)

Hero

Did you test in groups to find out what is actually broken ? Not everything is.

Of course you need to wait until the creators fix their issues, THEN you update yours with the newer version. That's how my statement was meant Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem i am having at this point in time is, If i take out everything in my mods folder, and then log into the game, there is still Mods in the game, if i try to add Mods back into the folder, the Folder acts like there are Mods in it and wants me to copy over things, and also it will only let me put in only a few mods, if  I try to put in same amount i had before, game wont load, i can only have a few mods in order for game to run, which is Horrible.

Message 5 of 8 (1,499 Views)

Hero

It doesn't depend on the amount of mods but on what you put in. A lot have been updated now so check the site where you got them from.

If they are still there after you moved them, you might not have moved but copied them, so check the folder if really everything is gone from there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The Mods folder is completely Empty!, i log into the game and mods are still there showing, my mods folder is totally messed up cause of the update, i found a HIDDEN mods folder inside the other one, everything in that one was items as empty folders which i deleted everything , i logged in game and still mods in the game, so I am calling EA for help.

Message 7 of 8 (1,479 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Start a new game before putting everything back and see if you still have all your mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,473 Views)