Re: Last Exception with no mods in live mode

by manzana0807

Original Post

Last Exception with no mods in live mode

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220-1.200.000.389.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry Day, Dine Out, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the better exceptions mod with no other mods installed
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the game and go into live mode. The game is still paused and I get a last exception file.
What do you expect to see? No last exception
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been having this issue for a while now. It has caused the saving screen to stay stuck on the green spinning wheel after coming out of CAS mode. The exception always says buff which people have told me is an aspiration, trait, or emotion but it is none of those because the error still occurs without mods installed. I have tried resetting the origin cache and the localthumbcache. Nothing is working

Message 1 of 6 (647 Views)

★ Novice

Here is a more recent last exception if it's helpful

Message 2 of 6 (634 Views)

★★ Pro

Is Zerbu's Go To School mod even compatible with the latest patch? I use Meaningful Stories by roBurky and in the past their other emotion overhaul mods that Meaningful Stories replaced, but they've never caused any issues for me, so I think it's safe to rule their mods out. Are you sure all your mods are up to date?

I know you said you removed mods and still get the exception, but did you try this on a new save with the mods folder totally removed and still get this exception? Even though you deleted the cache files, some mods seem to unfortunately have lingering effects even after they're removed.

It definitely does appear to be caused by some sort of buff and I'm sure it's being caused by a mod since you can't even get out of CAS properly.

Message 3 of 6 (622 Views)

Hero

Are you sure there's no other mods still active ? I mean as @manzana0807 says, the second one states that the Go to school mod is still active.the other points towards: object_Food_PlateFork_Multi which I'm not sure if it's some mod too ?

Best is to rename your user folder and try if you get more errors without anything put back on a fresh save.

If not, put your save back but nothing else and test again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (602 Views)

★★ Pro

I somehow missed the exception related to a plate of food, but I'm sure that one is mod related too, since it looks like there's an error trying to get the description for it being spoiled.

My advice would be to to do the things outlined in this post: Finding Broken Mods/CC (Sims 4). Have you tried that @thehazelsimmer?

Message 5 of 6 (566 Views)

Hero
@thehazelsimmer Have you been able to solved this ? Moving this to tech for further torubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (515 Views)