Original Post

Re: Hoping this laptop will be able to play sims 4 on the highest setting

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict is this any good? Thank you again I know I am pain 

Message 11 of 22 (895 Views)

Is this good for the Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I would like to know if this is any food for the sims 4. I don’t understand any of this. 

I have all the packs. I don’t use cc or mods 

Any help is appreciated 

Message 12 of 22 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Finfish12  You're not a pain; no one's making me answer.  (We all do this for fun, believe it or not.)

That laptop would have the same issues as your current one.  The processor is actually weaker than your current one—even though it has a higher base frequency, it's much less efficient.  Plus it's five years old.  The integrated graphics chip is weaker as well.  And the computers both have only 4 GB RAM, which isn't enough to run TS4 with all packs, plus Windows in the background.

I can explain what kinds of specs you should look for, other people here can do the same, but there simply isn't the kind of computer you want in this price range.  Even most laptops  around £600 wouldn't run TS4 with all expansions all that well, although (as you saw) there's occasionally a good option on sale.

Edit:  I saw your post in Other Sims Games and merged it here; it's best to keep the discussion about a single subject in one place.  (Plus, there isn't much discussion about specs at all there, since the issues with Sims 2 are generally not insufficient hardware.)  This model, the one with the AMD 530, is a step better than the others.  It still won't run TS4 on high settings, and I would expect it to struggle with the newer expansion packs even on the lower settings.  It does have a dedicated graphics card, but it's one of the weakest out there, at least among current models.  The processor is weaker than recommendations to run even one of the newest EPs, and it would likely not handle all of them together very well, if at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 22 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I feel so stupid! I couldn’t find the sims 4 so I just put other sims games. Thank you for putting up with me and thank you for your helpful comments

Edit: I also put it on a new chat so you wouldn’t think I was putting to much on you. You have your own life and you don’t need computer dummies like me to keep hounding you! But your really sweet and understanding so thank you!

Message 14 of 22 (868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Puzzleadict I think I’ve asked this but oh well! Is there anything I can do to upgrade my current laptop. Also the 5 year old one I currently still have. The screen broke hence me buying this new one. It seemed to run pretty ok. I was planning on completely re booting it and then re installing the sims to see if it worked fast (when I hook it up to my tv, I know the graphics won’t be good but it is just to see if it works fast.) I’m fine with low graphic setting to be honest it doesn’t bother me to much. If it then runs smooth Lyn I was thinking about getting the screen fixed. If not there’s no point in getting it fixed. 

Message 15 of 22 (866 Views)

@Finfish12  The laptop you provided specs on can't be upgraded beyond maybe adding more RAM and possibly a new hard drive.  The latter wouldn't make a difference; the former would technically help, but your other hardware would still lag far behind.  The bigger issues are your processor and lack of a dedicated graphics card, and for both, you're stuck with your current setup.  (This is true of most laptops, even the well made ones.) I don't know if the base game only, without any packs installed; would run on the lowest settings; part of that would depend on other factors I can't see from your specs, as well as an element of randomness.  But it certainly wouldn't be able to handle Seasons, or Cats & Dogs, or maybe even the older EPs.

The laptop you mentioned in Other Sims Games, the one with the AMD Radeon 530 graphics card, would likely run all your packs on low settings.  But it wouldn't run very well.  Even on the very lowest graphics settings, you'd still likely see drops in frame rates, which would cause camera stutter and delays in rendering; and lag, as in, your sims would stand around doing nothing for a few in-game minutes before following their instructions.  The stutter is (mostly) due to a weak graphics card; the lag is because of a weak processor (and also not enough RAM, but 8 GB would be sufficient).

I really don't think even this stronger computer would give you the experience you're looking for.  Even on the lowest settings, play wouldn't be smooth, the game wouldn't be responsive, and you'd probably get a lot of freezing and crashing.

Personally, I'd save up for the better computer and wait until I could play the game properly.  The experience will be much better, once you get there, and you won't have wasted your money on a laptop that can't do what you're asking of it.

Message 16 of 22 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much you have been such a help! I will probably save up! 

Message 17 of 22 (830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @Would connecting a monitor with HDMI to the old Lenovo laptop work? 

Message 18 of 22 (823 Views)

@Finfish12  It doesn't matter what monitor you use for the game; the laptop still wouldn't be able to run it properly.  The issue is the laptop's internal hardware, not the display.  Not that it matters in this case, but HDMI is often not the best choice for connecting a monitor to an outside screen.  (Whether it works well enough will depend on the computer.)

Message 19 of 22 (806 Views)

Re: Laptops cheap for Sims 4

★★★ Novice

_And another Bit to check on is _google Sims 4 requirements,

Yes,Yes,

then scroll down To_ game debate dot com_

use the hardware of any computr You're thinking of Buying_

_Actually Fairly accurate - Check it out    thanx

Message 20 of 22 (802 Views)